white fuzz on my stem sprouts. what is it?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drdodge29, Jan 12, 2009.

1. \t\t\t \t\t\tWhat is the white fuzz on my roots of my sprouted seedlngs[​IMG]:confused: \t\t

2. Does it look like peach fuzz? If so, it's perfectly normal.

3. they are like feeler hairs for the roots ;) its good

4. #5 drdodge29, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2009
  5. link didnt work

6. try again cause i just clicked on the link and it worked with me

7. i have to be a member can you just post it here? please? :)

8. it wont let me post it here

9. How are you trying to post? Are you using the manage attachments button?

By the way, even without seeing the pics I am 99.99% positive that it is perfectly normal. Most seelings have little white hairs that look like peach fuzz.

Good luck.

10. #12 drdodge29, Jan 12, 2009

I've tried uploading pics and using the manage attachments button.... no works!
    As far as my furry root' it has gone away. The seedlings I transferred to the res this mornig has fuzz on it's root also but the one's I was questioning about, the fuzz has disappeared:hello::hello:

11. Still no pic, just a link to another site I would have to register for just to see your photo.

You have been getting conflicting information because we only have your description to go on. "Fuzz" on roots -- sounds like it could be normal but who knows without seeing it.

12. How many threads are you going to start about this problem? I count at least 3. Most of us are telling you it's normal. And I would guess we are correct.

13. #16 drdodge29, Jan 12, 2009
    Madreef, why don't u go back and check all my threads. There are quite a few people telling me mold and mildew, also on rollitup.org. I appreciate the help but if u feel I'm annoying, well simply don't read my threads bro. I am getting different opinions. Even the guy(toastybiz) that made the post right before u said I'm getting conflicted information. Plus did u know that if I dropped a little Hydrogen Peroxide on the fuzz it would determine if it was mildew, cause it would cause a foaming. So because of my excessive posting I got someone to help me. Why didn't u tell me about the Hydrogen Peroxide trick and I wouldn't have made so many post. LMFAO! just cause u clicked on all the different forums doesn't mean other people will. and I might run into someone who is willing to help and not get irritated at someone who is tryin to be a proud parent. So I hope there will be no more "down talk" from u.

14. Chill dude.

Double-posting is not cool, and in fact violates Forum rules. Posting more than one thread for different questions on the same issue technically is not double-posting.

We're still all guessing without a picture. Not trying to diss you, but we need something specific to respond to.

15. Now I see your edited post. You put pure, undiluted H2O2 onto the roots? Good luck with that.

16. I apologize toasty. I wasn't aware of not double posting. like I said it wasn't in the same forum, but I guess I'll have to take the chance. Sorry. And several people told me to drop a bit of H202 and it didn't foam. It doesn't look like it effected my babies.

17. #20 toastybiz, Jan 12, 2009
    No worries. I saw more than one thread here at GC that you posted, but even though they had the same or similar titles the questions in fact were somewhat different.

For the future you would be doing yourself a big favor to find out why you were having problems posting pics, as the saying goes it is worth a thousand words and will make all the difference when you need a diagnosis or want to share your successes.