White Dwarf CFL journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by nosmoke, May 27, 2009.

1. thanks alot tim t'enchanter, the rep was received and appreciated :)

and cannacane, the fixtures can be purchased at home depot, the whole setup can be actually, but I pick and chose a few things from walmart too. The fixtures will only run you about a buck each which is great. and being that white dwarf is an autoflowering strain, you can techincally run any light set-up you like, whether its 24/0, 20/4, 18/6, or even 12/12. The autflowering trait makes these plants very versatile but remember, the most optimal lighting conditions for these is usually 20 and 4 off, but it's whatever you prefer and whatever you can afford to run

oh and thanks to you as well cannacane, it's appreciated

2. You're welcome dude, I'll make sure to get you again once it's worth something.

3. well perhaps that time will come during harvest :D I'm really looking forward to cutting her down

4. I'm really diggin the looks of those plants! Keep it up bro, good job! +rep :wave:

5. thanks very much buzz, glad to see someones still watching :p

Day 53 Update

Attached Files:

6. sup smoke plants look good.

7. you suck at growing. come up north of the border and we'll show you how its done. haha
    +rep if you can guess who this is.

8. Damn, I'm gonna guess d-man??? and I would love to soon, I hear toronto is the place to be according to what jay said

9. +rep Excellent bro! I have the same strain on the way with a 68w grow CFL, and two 42w CFL's!!

10. Any nutes other than molasses??

11. Bakedlikelays, thanks for the rep and kind words man, you will love the strain, believe me. And yes, I was only using molasses and only planned on using it until I ran into a nitrogen deficiency so for that, I brewed a tea with epsoma plant food and made a tea with blood meal, which is high in nitrogen.

on another note, here's a surprise everyone

Day 56 update!

Well, she was harvested today and although it was a little early, I had good reason to. I'm going away sunday and can't take the risk of letting them go in case something were to go wrong that I couldn't take care of, and aside from that, I wouldn't have anyone take care of them as to not jeopardize my security.

I did however take some clippings and check them out under a microscope. I found that I had a bunch of amber trichs and practically all of my hairs had turned. The rest of my trichs were milky so I really wasn't too bummed about cutting it early. I had a great time with the trimming and people aren't kidding when they say the scissors get sticky :D

Without further adue, here's my first ever harvest, 33 grams wet

Attached Files:

12. haha. yea man its always good up here. especially right now.
    nice grow pal.

13. First white dwarf grow.Can you give me the light schedule 18/6 20/4 or whatever it is?How long for veg?:smoking:

14. thanks d, smells like a dream, lavender to be exact. and I'm dying to come up.

and crazy, I first was going with 20/4 for about a week only to find that my box was getting too hot for my likings, so I switched to 18/6 and that kept things at a nice rate. I was using 18/6 until about one week ago because it's been a real scorcher around my parts and I figured it wouldn't do any harm since I only had a week left, but before I cut her down she was in the dark for 36 hours. In terms of flowering and veg, light schedules don't really apply here and you'll be seeing preflowers anywhere from 15-25 days usually, mine happened to show up on day 16. I was using 6 23 watt daylight spectrums for veg and 6 23 watt soft whites at about day 25

15. Hey dude, great job! I've to spread some rep around before I give it to you again, but you deserve it for that harvest.

16. Do you have any news Nosmoke? :)

17. Nice grow! Keep it green :smoking:

18. Thank you nosmoke.Great job on the grow.Keep em coming.:smoking:

19. hey folks, sorry about that, I have been away for a week but came back today to some nice dried up buds :D no weigh in just yet but soon to come