White discrimination

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by fvaambush, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. wow.

did you really just write that? or am i tripping?

2. WHAT??? Not at all. I am saying this:

Whether you\'d admit it or not, certain cultures as a whole have vaguely similar interests when compared to that of other cultures. Basically, it is MORE LIKELY but not always true that two blacks of similar age and socioeconomic background are MORE LIKELY to share a similar interest than a black and a white, and that goes for ALL races. So seeing as how whites are the majority, they will be MORE LIKELY to be interested in things that appeal to that culture at that time. That is a fair and mild assumption that I see all of the time. So that now means using the transitive property that other cultures inherently will have different interests. Seeing as how there are less of them to vote in a multi cultural film festival they are less likely going to be able to see things that appeal to their culture. That is why they create culture specific ones. So the minority can vote as a majority.

3. And white independent films are far different from Hollywood movies as well. Strictly speaking, nowadays, mainstream culture doesn\'t hate everything involving blacks, but exactly the opposite. They love it.

Rap is one of the most popular music genre\'s of today. As well as R&B.
    Most professional sports players are black and endource (spelling?) everything that is popular today from Nike shoes to Campbell\'s Chunky Soup.
    It\'s cool to have a \"grill\" and a flat brimmed hat and now considered lame to wear jeans that don\'t hand past my knees.

And wow, I\'m happy the extent of your black movie knowledge is better than mine. Did I mention I was simply citing examples from the top of my head?

This post is biased because black movies and music from the 70s is way better than today. Fuck G-Unit, listen to George Clinton and Parliament.

4. Colleges are required BY LAW to have a certain percentage of minorites attend a college. Maybe compared to other Black students, she was an exceptional student, and the \"white girl\" as you put her fell somewhere in the middle? Pretty sure thats a plausible reason don\'t you?

Uhhhh Blacks came up with the idea for the Black Film Festival Awards, the academy didn\'t say \"hey we should give blacks their own show, they deserve it.\" They can do w/e they want and don\'t need \"permission\" from anyone to do so.

5. What? In my city whites are the minorities. In our four high schools, we are the minority to blacks and Latinos by about 2 to 1. Of course what I said was a ROUGH estimate and thusly actual answers may be well off.

6. This is one of the most racist things in this thread so far. You are saying more blacks abuse the system than whites which MAY be true but that it only adversely affects whites. Otherwise this would not be a race issue.

7. no no no, Equality would be GREAT. I want equality. What you dont understand is, whites ARE minorities. Your saying I want to \"take them down a notch\" is a harsh term roughly describing separation between whites an blacks. What I want is equality. Your so inclined to the opinion that whites arent minorities, that your assuming I\'m racist. It\'s the opposite. Just assume for a second that I\'m right. Whites are minorities. Now think about what I said, that I want blacks to have an equal chance at getting a job, or making the film festivals along with anyone else. THATS equality. Not giving them money. Thats a false excuse for equality for something that happened 250 years ago that no blacks alive today had to endure.

and it doesnt matter what the BPP and KKK used to be. The BPP has now become a group that pushes for \"black power\". And the KKK has become a group that pushes for \"white pride\". The kkk has a bad history but its changed now. Your probably thinking about Neo Nazis.

8. not that i can recall. yes, and no. instead of
    ni
    *** i use \"
    homie
    \", \"
    dawg
    \" or \"bro\".

well, i
    dont
    know, so
    im
    going to ask you, since you know so much about the subject: just because they call it the black film festival, does it mean that they
    dont
    allow any other race to submit films?

and no, i
    dont
    like segregation, but i HIGHLY doubt that because its the black film festival, that they
    wouldnt
    allow a film made by am Asian, or a
    Portuguese
    person, or a white person.

9. Isn\'t the media blamed for that? I mean why would cracker be a more common word than ******, in a white-based population? Thats like the word spic being thrown around all the time in Mexico. Use some of that common sense you have and quit turning this into a \"plea of help\". Bottom line is blacks are still a little pissed off that whites forced them to do yard work for years and years, and if the worst thing that you have to do is take a few racstl terms thrown at you, then consider urself blessed and lucky.

10. No dude, I wasn\'t saying I could name more black movies. I was saying I can name more WHITE ones, proving my point further by saying that white films are the majority of whats out. They are out so much that they are the norm and aren\'t even thought of as \"white films\". By calling them \"black films\" you are saying they are diff. from normal films, proving my point further. If black films were more prevalent then we\'d be saying \"white films\" because there would be so many black films that it would be expected that they were black films, like white films are now.

11. bad idea for a thread [​IMG]

12. I agree with you too. Everything you\'ve said, happens.

And, I\'m definatly not racist lol. Im white and I rap, racism isnt in my cards.

13. Just because theyres less of them doesnt mean they have less of a chance. In reality I think in your haste to be \"non racist\", your actually being slightly racist, by saying they don\'t have an equal chance because theyre \"less of them\". I look at blacks as equals, if I\'m a filmmaker and I see a black filmmaker, I assume he is just as much as a competitor as I am. I wouldn\'t look at him being black and go \"oh well hes black, he won\'t make it, they need black film festivals just to be able to make it into anything\". Having one film festival for all races is how you achieve equality. Not by making a festival for every culture and race. And also, last I checked whites make up 8% of the earth. The white race is fading... quickly.

14. Lock this thread now please, someones gonna start crying. :rolleyes:

15. Yeah, and I bet if you ask a black dude so name 15 movies he\'s not going to say \"Mean Girls, You Got Mail and Clerks\".

16. Hahaha, oh Lord.

17. Exactly! I think thats complete bullshit! The law should be changed! Blacks have an equal chance at making a college as the next man. So why should their be a certain percentage to attend??

18. You are missing the ENTIRE point of what I am saying in every way. Who goes to a film festival? People do. There are more whites in American society so by cross section more will go most likely. Whites are gonna vote in what interests whites. Blacks will vote on what interests blacks. Less blacks attending means less votes for films that interest blacks. More whites going means more votes for films that interest whites. Other cultures films will not get in because of this basic fact. You can say it\'s racist but this is true.

19. Yeah, it sounds to me like the colleges are being a little... hmm, racist?

If black people wanted to be equal to whites, there wouldn\'t be laws like this. Instead we got rid of the separate bathrooms and changed laws to their favor. Talk about paradoxial (spelling?).

Same with women. They wanted equal rights, yet we have to put the toilet seat down and pay for their dinner. Sounds like a big steamy pile of bullshit to me.

20. That shouldnt be a good reason, because that means that she got in because of her race. If each person was looked at as an individual and not by race, the white girl would still fall in the middle, but the black girl would fall LOW (in this case, i dont mean that whites are superior) so she shouldnt have gotten in. So in this case you\'ve just proved that her race got her into the college.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.