White/black poly vs. Mylar

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Purpleface, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Which do you blades think are better.the poly seems more durable and is easier to clean. Does Mylar reflect much more light than poly or is it an insignificant amount of extra reflection?

Discuss

2. i believe panda film won out about best price, durability and reflectiveness

diamond film was most reflective, but it was NOT durable

just go with what fits the budget, and appears to be the most durable... should be ok

3. I went with panda film when deciding between the two. It was cheaper, it's easy to clean, I hear its more reflective and it just looks better imo.

4. I just got off htgsupply and white/black poly is just a little more expensive than Mylar. And yeah that diamond sheet is way out of my price range.

5. I am a firm believer in poly. My opinion is biased due to the fact I never have used mylar though.... price had a lot to do with my decision but mostly durability is what I look for in growing products. I don't ever suggest using something that will pin point light, I'm all about spreading it around..... that's just me.

6. im making a stealth grow closet 5ft tall 41" wide 23' deep using a hps/mh grow light with all white walls planing on making a carbon filter and air cooled hood this will be a all soil grow with one plant any help would be greatly appreciated.