Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

White Ash?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FitStoner, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Hey every one. After water curing 72 hours, the ash turns white instead of black. Does any one know the scientific chemistry why this happens?

Thanks

2. the cureing forces the plant to burn up its fertilizer stored away. the white smoke is due to the you smokeing what a plant is Cloroform. not anything added. or something like that
    watch this
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm99XVVRiFI]CANNABIS SCIENCE - The Ash Test - YouTube[/ame]
    skip to about 45-50 second mark to find out why.

3. I'm not real sure what "water curing" is because curing is the stage after drying, but before the final stage of storing and there is no water involved, lol. But ash stays black(and buds don't burn properly) when fertilizers are not properly flushed from the plant before harvest. As in you should be giving it plain water only for at least the last 2 weeks before harvest. When done properly, all the material in the bowl will burn up into white ash.

4. My weed goes from green to black to white ash.

5. Water Curing is where instead of "Havest > Dry > Cure" you but the buds fully submerged in water directly after harvest. You gently change the water every day for a week, you will notice that at first the water is very green/colorful when you change it but it will become more clear towards the end. You are basically just forcing everything in the buds except the psychoactive agents to transfer from the buds into the water. This makes sure that all fertz/undesirables are gone from the buds, but it also takes most/all flavor and smell from the buds.

The reason the ash is white is because there aren't any chemicals left in the buds to cause a blackening reaction, so you are left with solely burned plant material which is white.

6. when the ash is black that means its not fully cashed.... if you burn it to the point where it won't glow then it will be white or grey no matter what.

7. Thank you for the explanation. I've never seen it mentioned and i've read books from Jorge Cervantes, Ed Rosenthal, Mel Frank, etc... So i have to ask, who exactly recommends this method? Got a link from an expert growers using this method? Sounds like a sure way for some mold to catch on...

8. White Ash = Good flush (as well as some things mentioned above)

9. True story, but a lot of commercial growers don't take the time/energy to make sure they flush/cure properly unfortunately or a home grower might just be inexperienced/have some issues. This is where the water cure becomes an option.

I personally would only recommend water curing if you FUBAR your flush, mess up your buds some way that is going to cause a bad taste/smell/etc, or want to make edibles/hash without the weed smell/taste.

As long as one is sure to change the water daily and follows up with a proper dry afterwards there shouldn't be any increased danger of mold.

Water Curing Marijuana - 420 Magazine

10. one of the first things i do when getting new weed, watch it burn, if it sparkles at all, color of ash ect. , then i use the microscope and check triches.

white ash is what you want. black ash= bad.

and to the guy saying all ash turns white or grey, no it doesnt.... lol

true if its not burned all the way its still black, but its not ash....