White and Purple Leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by sh4keNbake, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Something looks really wrong with my plant (Sour Diesel). It is 29 days old and has been slowly turning white and getting a purple tint to them. It is also really small and bunched up.

I am using 3 CFL 26w and was vegged for only 1 week then has been in 12/12 since then. Gotta keep it small and stealth.

Any ideas what is causing the color change in the leaves? As you can see in the photo, It is having a lot of new growth that is really bright green and the older leaves turn lighter / purple.

[​IMG]

2. Wow, I couldn't tell you. I never heard of anyone putting a plant that small into flower, and I find it hard to beleive that it has been growing for 29 days. I usually let mine veg that long, then flower.

Don't want to bust your bubble, but I hope you have more seeds.

3. Need more info
    Probably a deficiency, what soil are you using? What temps during day/night?

4. Hey, thanks for the response. Actually, more and more people are growing 12/12 even from seed, so it is not really that uncommon anymore.

My temps are about 70 at night 85 during the day. PH is at a steady 6.7. Im using soil I mixed, consisting of Jiffy Mix and regular top soil. No nutes yet.

5. Something is deffinatly wrong for you mate, by 29days u should have a far bigger plant with more growth, even with CFL's like you are using u should have more growth. They seem very stunted, we would need more info on what your doing mate

6. I think I smell a troll. It still made me laugh.:)

7. I am growing a Blue Widow under the same exact conditions. It is about 2 weeks younger, but it is doing fine. I think maybe this Sour D seed was just a runt or something.

8. Ok, so I did some reading and came to the conclusion I might have a phosphate deficiency? I fed a small amount of bloom fertilizer and it looks like she might make it. Lots of new growth and I can even see white hairs in the center.

[​IMG]