Whisper grow journal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheTHCwhisperer, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Not my 1st go around though definitely nowhere near as seasoned as you and am very much still learning. The said the way I have gone about it in the past that has yielded results is by way of a lot of reading and comparing and if I read the same thing 4 or 5 times I tend to apply that and experiment with it.. That is how I have come to my current method.

That said always eager to hear and learn about others processes and learn. Such as the logic behind the additional uv to trich production you mentioned before that will go into my future endeavors..

I am running foxfarm soil ocean forest and hapoy frog with perlite and a bit of lime.. Using foxfarm nutes and silica, fish shit and microbial boosters..

2. Good always take bits and pieces from everywhere and apply to your growing style and se what works for you and doesn't work for you. That is the best way to find your groove. Glad to see you have an open mind because it's essential to learning.

I used Fox Farms for several years and besides being a little hot at first it works great. I am off to the garage to harvest and replant.

Are you growing strictly from seed or taking clones?

3. Growing from seed. As of now dependent on a friend in mass for genetics and so far so good. Right now running mephisto autos to get a quick harvest then moving to ethos genetics photo.

4. Right on- I have never grown an auto before something on the list to do someday. Maybe when I buy a house and do a build out i'll run some autos in the 4x4 tent. Taking a break just finished harvesting teh Slurricane. Hindu Kush next and finally Quantum 84. I will get some studio shots of the Quantum and Hindu and post them today or tomorrow. Time to roll one and get some lunch.

5. i look forward to drooling over the pics..

6. Here are some studio shots of Hindu Kush and two distinct phenos of Quantum 84. I stoned out and left my Method Seven HPS filter on my camera so there might be a slight blue tint. There is some minor tip burn from changing nutes and working through the PPM. Could also be my lights are a little close and intense but i'll work it all out. All and all a decent harvest. Can't wait to smoke and get the Quantum 84 tested for THC %.

Attached Files:

7. Still on the long dry. About 1/4 jarred rest is still wet after 2 weeks. Took some pre-flower photos that look cool. Was on vacation for a week in CA and had my son watch my plants and had him lower the Calmag by 5ML and I guess it was a little early. Sligh Calmag def.

Attached Files:

8. Been busy this corona virus thing has our grow sold out and crops that are not done yet are sold. Lots of over time but a lot of trimming so I have been passing on some it. Anyway, Bruce Banner was next and she turned out nice. It's in the tent now drying so I guess I have not posted this whole last turn.

I am running my first organic run with teas. I have some issue and posted in the organic section but no help so far. Blotchy leaves and purple stems. I have 2 guesses and they are PH or over watering. I can fix the over water which I am doing now but I don't think I should PH the teas because of the microbes and from my understanding the microbes should be balancing out the PH. Any suggestions would be nice. See pics below of Bruce Banner and my plant issues.

Attached Files:

9. Finished my first organic run and it was not best performance but I learned a good deal. I am about 25-30% down on yield and plant health wasn't optimal hence the drop in yield. Will do better next turn and so forth. I like working with the coco soil mix but without bottles it is harder to stay away from the bottles. Using Roots Organic Calmag which says it's organic.

Attached Files:

10. OK wouldn't be a journal if I didn't post my fuck ups! I take clones when I flip into flower because I don't want a 3rd tent for moms. Well at work we squeeze out excess water from our plugs (Root Riot) and well I use rockwool at home (not anymore) so I never liked how soaked they stayed for the first week so like at work I gave them a squeeze. My son walks in to chat after I had done most of my clones and says I have seen you take clones but I have never seen you squeeze them. I explained why and he looked at the package and the directions say do not squeeze them. Me having so much experience (read that sarcastically) I thought ah it will be fine. Well no it was not fine and still have not researched why. 10 days later no roots! I cracked a few open at 14 days and no roots. I normally have 1 or 2 at least pop roots out of the cube in 10 days. I ended up taking several more clones from the flowering plants that where 2 weeks into flower as to not loose my genetics. Well only got 10% out of the original clones and all the clones I took from flower have to be reverted. It will delay my next run severely but I have preserved all my genetics. The photo below are plants that are 6 weeks old and the big plant is a seed I planted 4 weeks ago. I don't care how many years you grow there are still many lessons to learn. 1 is read the fucking directions if you plan on changing up the routine. Oh well-

Attached Files: