Whisper grow journal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheTHCwhisperer, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Yeah the Advanced people told me 6.3 ph but i think they are are wrong. I have never run organics so I might switch back to salt based. Thanks-

2. Into flush week 7. Having nutrient issues which I think is because I have my plants too close to the light or the humidity is too low. I have canoeing and deficiencies. I will try and keep the plants shorters but if that doesn't work I will run my double ended 1000w HPS at 600 watts. I had to do that in the summer because of heat issues and I didn't have this problem.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. She is very pretty though.

• Like Like x 3
  4. She’s just starting to show her colors. Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah but I have done this so many years it frustrates me when things are so far off. Thank you though.

6. I am going to switch to Advanced coco line and see if that helps. If not then I will try running at 600w again. She has a very natural mild skunky smell. Being a landrace I would expect moderate THC with lots of oils and terps.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Your plants all look so uniformed is that from strain, training or a bit of both ? My plants look so messy compared only my 2nd grow so soaking up info.

Awesome journal, Thanks for sharing 20191203_155640.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Mostly topping and a bit of training. I like to top when the plant gets to 3-5 nodes. Thanks!

9. I ran across this and remembered your thread. Flush or no flush it's nice to see some actual studies being done.
    Flushing Trial

SUMMARYRx Green Technologies evaluated the effects of different flushing times on chemical profile, flavor, and smoking characteristics in Cannabis flower.Flushing periods of 14, 10, 7 and 0 days were imposed on Cherry Diesel.No differences were detected between flush treatments for yield, potency, or terpenes.Analysis of mineral content of leaves indicated small changes in content of iron and zinc.Taste test panelists tended to prefer flower flushed for 0 days.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes I saw the article in High Times. What no one has done is a combustion test. I would think that would be a logical step. The people smoking have tendencies and cannot be relied on. Some may have smoked unflushed or poorly dried/cured weed. They may prefer that taste. Like people who eat Mcdonalds a lot sometimes don't like gourmet burgers.I think the analysis of the combusted smoke should put this to rest.

My own test was 9 for 9 identified the unflushed weed. These are heavy smokers/growers and a few like the head grower have been growing and smoking daily for decades.

Much appreciate you remembering me and posting this for me. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  11. My results were the same as yours. But I went a bit further and had organic non flushed in there too. Nobody could tell the difference between the plants in coco fed clean water at the end, 2 times a day for 7 days, and the organic, non flushed. The buds were a lot fluffier on the organic though.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. I agree the human element of the study is highly subjective, and will always open these types of studies to controversy.
    It sounds like you had a really good group to get opinions from though. Either way, whichever camp we choose flush or no flush I'm glad to see studies like these being done.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I still would love to see that combustion test. The smoke won't lie. Maybe it's not nutrients that make it harsh. Maybe it's chlorophyll or something else that flushing changes. Flushing for 30 years and still open to not but for now still flushing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey man just curious. Does it pay well to be a cannabis gardener? Were just getting things kicked off in my state in a few months and I'm hoping i would be able to make as much as I do now if i get a job with one of the cultivators. Nice lookin grow btw brotha

15. Well depends on your experience and such but here in WA you will usually see starting at $15 and up to $20 for just a standard gardener/laborer. Maybe different in your state since they are just kicking off. They may need experienced people and may pay. My advice is to go with the program. No head grower wants someone second guessing them or telling them " Well I would do it this way" I have been growing for 30 years and have run commercial grows but when I got to my current job I assured the head grower I can do anything in the grow from cloning to stripping plants but just tell me how you want it done and that's how it will get done.

What range are you looking for? I took a huge pay cut because I love what I do and at my age happiness is more important. Plus I hated banking and was tired of the corporate suit and tie. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Right on brotha thanks for the reply. I currently make 25$ an hour so I was hoping to get as close as I could to that. I would probably need at least 20 an hour to get by. But yes like you said if it's something I love to do it would be worth the pay cut for sure as long as I can still pay the bills.

I'm in utah and from what I've heard about who they issued licenses to they're gonna need help. I heard they gave a license to someone with no growing experience that said they would just youtube how to grow -.- I'm sure they had money or whatever. Anyways cannabis is my passion, I've loved it since I started smoking at 15. I'm only 30 and still have so much to learn about growing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. If you can land the head grower position they start at 70k and go to 120k average. The assistant to the head grower should be making 50k. Hope it works out. Oh you can always try consulting and keeping your current job until you find the right position. I did that while I was in banking. Just evaluate what they want and charge accordingly.

18. Sorry just a phone pic of the Hindu Kush. She smells good so in a week or so when she dries I will try her out.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Been busy but in week 4 of flower. Slurricane, Hindu Kush and Quantum 84. Quantum 84 is a cross a friend from work gave me from a medical grow he worked for. It's Black 84 X Quantum Kush. Excited to see her start showing traits soon. If she is good then the strain is not out anywhere. Sent Hindu kush out for testing will post results. Good smoke with a nostalgic heavy high. Reminds me of my high school years 30 years ago. Being 100% indica landrace its got a classic smell.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. End of week 4 and they are starting to show traits. The Quantum 84 is sweet and sugary smelling. The Hindu Kush is frosty and the Slurricane is colorful and so beautiful. I have Pineapple Skunk seeds sprouted for next run and some Bruce Banner seeds on the way.
    I have my nostalgic strain in Hindu Kush, my fun colorful strain in Slurricane and if it's good my exclusive strain in Quantum 84. The hard pheno hunt starts now and that is the knockout strain that makes people ask what I laced the weed with! Oh the Hindu Kush tested at 18%.

Attached Files: