Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whiskey's On Going Pick Up Thread: Reviews, Pictures and Macros

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by whiskey, Jan 1, 2009.

1. #1 whiskey, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    I decided to put my pick ups into one thread instead of putting them all over the board. I still have a number of strains I want to show pictures of and haven't gotten that far yet, but it would be nice to have them all in one place.

Please don't be upset and tell me that my reviews are too long and what not. If you don't want to, nobody is forcing you to read what I am saying, but I personally have found that many of the reviews I've read are not helpful to me as they give me no real information about what their experience was like. I would like to read those experiences in a review, so I include them here.

So here's the first. African Black Magic (Sativa)

I am posting my review of this strain specifically as enjoyed last night out of my vaporizer, so obviously I can't report on the color of the smoke or anything like that. I decided to smoke it out of my vaporizer so the nug I had left would last longer.

After seeing pictures of this bud, I do wonder if it is the same as what other people have experienced, but my high was pretty much as others had described, as was the smell of the bud itself and how it broke apart. I can barely even describe it, but honestly, after we smoked out of the vaporizer my room actually smelled very earthy.

I did not notice any harshness while smoking, and to be honest, I remember very little of the high at all. I do remember being very aware of small details that I wouldn't normally have noticed - the Christmas lights my neighbor below me had were flashing on my ceiling, colors were enhanced, I couldn't single out any sounds and it felt as though my senses were on overload.

As another person above described, I did have to 'let go' to allow this weed to fully effect me. I felt slightly psychotic, but in a nonfrightening way. The feeling was similar to the feeling that I had when I was coming down from shrooms. I was thinking to myself, 'Holy shit, I'm going to be high for the rest of my life like this.' It felt inconsevible that this high was only going to last three hours, I literally could not wrap my mind around that.

It's hard to write this because honestly, it's so hard to describe and almost impossible to make sense. The high felt out of control, like I was losing my mind, but it was in an orderly way, so it was not overwhelming or even feeling unnatural. I am sure that if I would have had the guts to smoke more it would have turned mildly psychodelic, but I do not feel like I am in the right mental place right now to be dealing with that.

Also, when I started to think that the high had worn off I was completely exhausted. I seriously suspect that I was still high and that it was wearing off and effecting me differently at this point. When I went to close my eyes, I felt like there was no way in the world that I would sleep, my thoughts, eyes and ears would not turn off.

This was truly a different experience for me, and was different than most highs I have experienced...The qualities are so similar to doing shrooms that it's almost frightening.

I can only hope that I see this strain again, because I am truly curious as to how making firecrackers with this strain would effect me, but I feel slightly afraid of that as well.

Overall, I give this strain a B+, if this strain is indeed what I was told by the club what it was, it obviously could have had better physical characteristics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 whiskey, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2009
    I had saved what was left of this pick up so I could review it and post it here, I have had this bud for a few weeks now. Orginally this was a pickup for 1/4 of Green Crack (Sativa) .

The nugs themselves are awesome. They are very dense as you can hopefully see in some of the pictures. When I grind it up, I am usually pleasantly surprised by the amount that comes out in my grinder and find that I have ground too much and will have to smoke another bowl of it later. They smell fruity and sweet, but not like candy sweet, sweet in a refreshing way. The best way I could describe the difference in the sweetness smell would be that it smells more like a mojito than it does a margarita. The smell is literally mouth watering.

I like to hit this the most out of my bong. I wouldn't say that this was a one hitter, but I find that the high hits me so strong and so quickly that I put my bong down a lot in between hits. I have a very high tolerance and this Green Crack does not let down. It takes me about an hour to smoke an entire bowl because of the frequency I just let the high wash over me.

It's fast and all cosuming, like a warm ocean wave. This stuff does not creep up on you at all, the first feeling you get is as high as you will be until you take another hit, if you can. It's constant high and doesn't ebb and flow like others seem to do, however, I tend to not stay as high as I would with other strains, but that's never really a problem since when I grind up the nugs they seem to yield more than expected and I end up with an extra bowl.

The hits are somewhat harsh, but not so bad, and I always go back for another hit, just to remind myself of the taste. Overall, I would give this a A-.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. #3 whiskey, Jan 1, 2009
    I picked up a half an ounce of this Jack III (Sativa Hybrid) today. This is my second time with this strain, and I really love it. I didn't ask about the genetics of it, but I wish that I had because I have had a hard time findind information out about it online so far. What I picked up was more popcorn buds than anything else which I don't mind.

The bud itself is pretty fluffy, but covered in hairs and trichomes. It's sticky enough that it's almost impossible to grind right now. The buds smell of grapes without smelling like candy and there is a nice vegatative smell, similar to green tea. The hits are smooth and easy with no distinguishing taste other than sweetness.

The high is very relaxed and calm with no negativity. It's happy without being hyper or out of control. I feel more observant without being overly focused and am easily distracted. My visuals are sharper and everything is more clear. My thoughts are going a milion miles an hour and I feel as though I could talk for hours.

It's a warm and a comfortable high, I feel full without having had much to eat - no munchies. It feels like it was the warm cup of hot chocolate during a snow - perfect.

I give this strain a B+.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. looks like some good smoke. I like the first one the best, but pictures only go so far, you smoked it, and it got a low rating....but she looks good.

That green crack looks mighty danky! I bet that packs a little punch:)

5. Don't get me wrong, the first one was amazing, but I had read that it could be so much better that I had to give it a lower rating, not because of what it was, but because of what it could have been.

The Green Crack was awesome, it got the job done right.

6. Bumping for the new year!

7. hey whiskey...what dispensaries do you go to again?

i just hit up hopenet the other day... nothing i was looking for...but still some interesting stuff.

you seen strawberry cough in any SF dispensary??? thats what im on the lookout for.

8. I go to Alternative Patient Caregivers at Mission and like 6th. I swear by them and probably won't go anywhere else. (I do sometimes go to a dispensary in Sac though too)

I have not seen Strawberry Cough, but if I do, I'll shout at you.

9. thanks man appreciate the help:cool:. do they have a good selection of clones? ive never been to APC...but i may next time i go to SF.

10. Sometimes the clones are good, right now they have mother clones that look nice, I would call them before hand if you are looking for clones. Like I've said, I've seen good ones and ones that are crap, but over all they are usually pretty good when they are there.

You should go. It's a little bit pricey but it's all organic and amazing, everyone is so friendly and laid back...

11. hmm..is that the one with the big buddha inside? i know that place had some great shit, and also put the bud in glass for me. i still use those glass jars.:D

12. There is not a big Buddha inside, lol. It's very small inside, there is a couch though. They have awesome stuff here, their inventory has gone down in the last few weeks but that's because of the holidays and everyone looking for some cheer. I am looking forward to them getting more!

I have had a glass jar from them, sometimes they give it to me if I buy a massive quantity of high quality shit, they give me a glass jar, and sometimes they have higher quality weed in the glass jars.

13. #13 whiskey, Jan 2, 2009
    Ok next strain is what is left of a Purple Kush (Indica) pickup. It's been several weeks since this was picked up and it's pretty dried up at this point, but it's still amazing.

The nugs themselves are dense and compact, with dark purple scattered throughout the tips. The smell is rich and earthy and the nug crumbles apart (this could be due to it being dried out as well).

The smoke is amazing, it tastes old and almost like wine, grapes and berries. It's robust without being overwhelming.

The high is a very deep body high that put me out right away. My entire body was numb, weightless and burdeen free of any physical ache or pain that I had previously.

It's a very deep body high that puts you out like a light. My entire body felt numb, weightless and burden free of any physical ache or pain that I may have had. I was instantly tired, couch locked and observant but oblivious to everything else in the world. I feel like it's one of those strains, you have to experience it to know it, but it was truly a pleasure.

In the future I'll be looking to stock up on this strain to help with my migraines, I know this will knock it out of the park.

I give this strain an A-.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. beautiful nugs

15. Thank you

16. that's a fucking sweet bic.

17. LOL, everyone loves the Bic, but it's dead now so I'm going to have to get some new ones.

18. #18 TDWPfan111, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2009
    bic does have some cool lighters now... I just picked up a white and black one with a cool skull on it... looks like a dia de los muertos themed..very cool..

anyways... sweet nugs man, purple kush looks very nice..

and I like your reviews, keep it up

oh and a hour to smoke a bowl of the green crack? must be some quality stuff..would love to find some

19. I SAW THAT ONE TOO! It's the next one on my list.

Thanks, I think I am going to try not smoking for a few weeks but who knows if that will last past tonight.

The Purple Kush was nice, I wish it wasn't gone now, but my best friend and I had a total stoned five days, we smoked 10 joints a day :(

20. yea my chick picked us up a new bic like 2 days ago

a fuckin PURPLE VIOLET LOOKIN 1....wtf...

i gotta stop lettin her pic the lighters