while in conflicts

Discussion in 'General' started by HelloFriend, Jul 5, 2012.

1. do you also get shivers or nervous or whatever third name is there do it? I mean I am pretty trained guy, I eat healthy , I dont smoke cigarettes, lately havent smoked pot, and neither havent been drinking caffee, but still when I get into conflicts with someone or if I should get into a fight, its like mentally its really hard.... although I have a strong body, and I should not and I DONT WANT to get that feeling but I still get that shitty shivering feeling... is there any way to fix this? is it normal among all people?

2. It's all natural.

3. Do certain unmentionables that make your less fearful!

4. I get a twitch in my knee when shit gets really real or I'm expecting/wanting shit to happen.

Neglected bastard kid we have for a neighbor was throwing rocks at my '66 the other day. As I waited for his folks to answer the door the "nervous" twitch kicked in. I was so flabbergasted by the time he answered the door all I could muster up was a simple "Your kid will not throw another rock at my car" and walked away.

A nervous tick doesn't have to mean you are scared. It's just how your body reacts to the dump of chemicals from your brain. Or, well that's my assumption. The kid is a toddler, and dad is far from intimidating, not to mention I am always carrying (not that using it ever crossed my mind, just explaining the lack of fear) but sure as shit, my twitch acted up.

5. This^

6. That definitely doesn't sound normal. You should go to WebMD and look up every possible health condition.

7. Its that you know you can't go all out like as in you have to be "human" instead of an "animal"

8. This dude means srs bsns

9. i know what you mean...i get the same thing...i think its the adrenalin rush we get that is causing all that, plus we're getting older.

10. more opinions / experiences are welcome.

11. It's called fear. And without it the world would be chaos.

12. Well we can't talk about fighting but usually before conflicts and during I'm at my most peace full self, I know everything is in my hands at that point, but I don't get shaky, even though I has really shaky hands constantly :(

13. I know that shaky feeling.

I always get it after a fight, or from narrowly avoiding one.

Ive always thought it was just the adrenaline flowing

14. It's the fight or flight response, your body basically shuts off processes that aren't useful in the short term and focuses on the short term necessities in order to survive e.g. more blood flow to the muscles and brain and an increase in hormone levels such as adrenaline.

The only way to stop it or control it is through desensitisation, work out a hierarchy of your fear and work your way up through it beginning with the least scary thing.

In todays society we are babied, our only confrontations are at work or at home in a safe environment so we are simply not ready for most confrontational experiences. I'm not telling you to go start a fight, but the more often you find yourself in these circumstances the better adapted you will be to functioning correctly in them.

The fight or flight reaction is both a help and a hinderance in modern day life, while it may help if you find yourself running away or fighting for your life, it is more likely to damage us through this negation of long term functions (seen in cases of chronic stress).

15. OP if you're scared drink a pint before you hit the streets.

16. I was gonna add something, but then I was like : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiPJOAYwSGg&feature=related]Serial Killaz - Walk and Skank - YouTube[/ame]

17. It's called adrenalin. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Adrenalin can save your life.

18. Adrenaline affects everyones brains differently.. For me my focus and perception are sharpened..my breathing is easier..and I also get a dose of serotonin..it's straight up euphoria for me before a conflict..

Your best bet to overcoming your fear is to challenge yourself..don't be afraid of being beaten..everybody gets their ass whooped..no matter how badass or outlaw you are

19. Also under any circumstances do u need to show ur fear..it ok and normal to be afraid..it means ur sane..but don't show it..predators will see it exploit it and finish you..showing weakness is grounds to b stomped..