Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Which will get you higher? Perc Bong, Joints, or Blunts?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DankaliciousDJ, Jun 28, 2010.

1. I'd say a bong. While people may be right about the joint/blunt being more effective, if you think about it, the bong gives you bigger single hits and you smoke it faster usually. As far as being better for your lungs I think the bong would be better as well (I'm not 100% sure though).

I usually smoke blunts/joints when I'm with friends or going for a drive. To me its all about personal preference, some people say you should eat a mango before you smoke (but I don't know how solid the evidence is).

2. Out of those options a blunt simply because it requires more weed.

3. Not necessarily, he could have a huge bowl on his bong, that he could stash 3g in. Haha. :p

4. God.... maybe it's just me and my pet peeves.... but I hate hate hate seeing so many misinformed posts. It just drives me crazy.. what else could lead me time and again to post the accurate information knowing full well that a page later it'll be back to the pseudo-scientific madness again.

Then you can pack bongs well... but don't know how to roll a quality joint. Your bad joints are the most likely reason you lose more thc in slipstreaming.

So do bongs... they are no different at all. Hold that joint too long... it goes out. Wait to long to hit the bong... it goes out. Pack the bowl loosely... it cherries for a while. Roll the joint loosely.. it stays lit longer.

No study has ever placed pipes as the most efficient. You made that up and it's not appreciated.

Because you're wrong everyone else overanalyzed it? Do you even know what that word is supposed to mean?

You clearly don't know what efficiency means either. It's exactly what is most important. It means you smoke less weed and get more high... to make it plain as day.

5. I feel high right now, but like....not high, high....I wonder if maybe I am just fooling myself and really am, high, high, but not realizing it?

Should I smoke more or should I not? wtf do i doooooooo?!?!

6. I'm not trying to go toe to toe with you, your obviously more experienced than me.
    However, is it not simple logic that when you smoke 1 bowl, you are high?
    And when you smoke 1 joint, you are high? But with the bowl, you probably are using less weed.

Disprove that, and I will concur.

7. Depends. I'd say yes just to see where it takes me. I always have a heated self-debate with myself if I want to push the envelop and get higher. Regardless, this post is completely irrelevant to the original topic. You should post this question in the "general" section of the forum.

8. in my opinion i would use the bong because all of the thc losing scientific study analysis things are talking about amounts of thc lost that you would not be able to notice and the bong conserves the most weed because you pack many little bowls as opposed to joint or blunt which uses more weed but if your going that route blunts for sure the best i think they get you higher because of the nicotine in the tobacco so you get that buzz combined with the high but its all up to you smoke away

9. Actually, I read up on this, a blunt gives you somewhat 8% THC, a Joint gives you about 12%, a bowl gets you about 34%, and a bong gets you about 38%, and lets face it... a nice 3 foot bong with a 6 arm perc and ice? what gets literally cooler than that :smoke:

10. I can't believe that no one has stated the obvious. When you take a bong rip you are completely filling your lungs with smoke. You can't do that no matter how big of a drag you take from a joint.

11. #51 phil3, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I dunno man... I've seen a dude go through a 1g joint in 3 or 4 drags. Shit musta hurt but he was drunk anyway so I dont think he noticed lol

12. I'm not sure how that can be said when joints burn at such different rates, effecting their efficiency greatly.

13. #53 PackItIn, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
    I'm thinking of rolling joints more often. I've read guides and I used to hand-roll cigarettes, I'm still shit but I'll get better. I was wondering, do joints REALLY waste more weed than bongs? If so, is it alot?

EDIT: When using bongs I usually spin out my weed, about 50/50 with tobacco. It doubles your amount of smokables and still rips me. I made a joint with the same amount of spin and it didn't get me anywhere near as high as a bong would. Using much less or even no tobacco in a joint fixes this problem, but I am using more weed.

14. Check Sig ...

15. #55 pency1028, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    the math in your sig is very wrong..
    if the efficiency rates are correct:
    JOINT
    THC=(.28 absorbtion) X (1.0 gram of weed) X (.15 THC content)..... you would receive .042g of THC per joint which you said but,

BONG
    THC=(.72 absorbtion) X (1.0 gram of weed) X (.15 THC content)..... you would receive .108g of THC with the gram smoked with the bong.

In your sig, you were only smoking .25g through the bong so you would have to smoke 1.56 times more through the bong to get the same high as 1 gram through the joint. so basically your sig SHOULD say that it takes .39 grams of weed through a bong to equal the THC content of a 1 gram joint.

But it's all good dude :smoke:

16. [quote name='"solid15"']grav bong, use little weed and get high as fuck[/quote]

Gravity bongs burn the shit out of your weed

17. i like my blunts.

18. Scientific bubblers or vape

19. I'll throw the extra bit of weed so I can partake in the pleasure of smoking a joint.

20. I've been getting really high off joints and my perc bong but i rarely smoke blunts.