Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Which will get you higher? Perc Bong, Joints, or Blunts?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DankaliciousDJ, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Perc bong for me.

2. Can somebody explain this "slipstreaming" that supposedly occurs in bongs?
    sorry :bongin: haha

3. Bowls depend enitrely on the size of the bowl

Most joints me and my buddies roll are only .5g.

Blunts usually 1-1.25

4. A .1 gram joint? I would love to see a picture of this. Seems to me like you would be smoking a lot more paper than weed. Not saying it can't be done, just saying that I've never seen one, and don't really see the point.

5. bong /thread

6. #26 DankaliciousDJ, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
    wait wouldn't the blunt or joint have more tar? because a bong is filtered out with water which mean all smoke no paper so i thiink your wrong with that one. and plus its a percolated bong so which means the smoke is more filtered out because water catches all the bacteria, which means a smoother bong rip. and i have research about tar, tar is residue, and residue usually comes from paper or any burning substance.

7. bong. the bigger the hit the higher. only a bong can make you take a huge hit.

8. you loose like 10% of ur cannabanoids from the "filtration" of a bong.

9. Dank Bud+Perc Bong+Huge Bong Rip= STONED!

10. Dank Bud+Perc Bong+Huge Bong Rip= STONED!

11. fuckin steamroller then. Big hits, no filtration. this thread is dumb use the search it's been asked and bitched about and debated over and over and over again.

12. All I can say to this heaping pile of misinfo is read the research. Search beiringer study. Norml maps water pipe study.

That's one way to tell that Manswers was a load of crap. Where'd they get that number from I wonder. It's nowhere in any study ever conducted on the subject.

A steamroller is still made out of glass. It collects thc.

13. This is why I vape :hello:

14. 2 bowls of juicy fruit + perc bong = so stooonneeedd

15. Steamroller will taste harsh unless you have a ashcatcher

16. All my friends say bongs get them higher then blunts/joints , I agree. Who cares if a little bit of thc gets stuck to the glass? Its not enough to actually make a real difference. Maybe it is just me but I get little to no slipstream with my bong compared to joints. Bongs get me higher and save me more bud then joints. Also if you can get your hands on a vape, do it!

17. Bongs water is slightly THC soluble, reduces ammount ingested.
    Joints waste when burning in excess, with noone toking.
    Pipes on the other hand are the most economic and you get higher compared to smoking the same ammount of bud in other equipment (cept vapes) as long as you cash a bowl or corner.

18. THC is barely water soluble 0.0028mg/ml of water assuming an excess of THC. Bud is about 5-20% THC so assuming you have 1g of 15% potency and about 500 ml of water you will lose 0.93% of your THC in water, slipstream could be a pretty big issue though, considering the large hits and hence large cherry. This can be easily avoided by putting the cherry out or loading up enough in each bowl for 1 hit so no smoke is lost at all.

So a bong is extremely close to a pipes efficiency, and you can just use without water if you like, losing THC to the glass is unavoidable but I wouldn't think it'd make a huge difference. Each to his own though. :wave:

19. well then i guess a small waterpipe is good eh?

20. Wow, everyone on this thread overanalyzed it. Except me and the guy who said "Dank Bud+Perc Bong+Huge Bong Rip= STONED!"

Pack .7g into a bong bowl. cash the bowl. Become stoned.

roll 1g into a joint. smoke the joint. become stoned.

No one cares about efficiency because we are not talking about long term usage.

With the bong, you use less, and get stoned. With the joint, you use more, and get stoned. who cares about this efficiency crap?