Which way to place seedling?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tinyshadow, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Okay so my sweet little child broke out of his shell and now i can see the little leaves blossoming. My question is, which way do I place the seedling in my jiffy pot?

The tap root point up or pointing down?

I'm confused because the shell has cracked and I can see the inside of the plant, like it's starting to grow already. I saw a diagram that said place the tap root up, but the seedling still had it's shell on. Does it matter if my seedling tore it's shell off?

I also just fumbled around with my light, wondering why it didn't work for about five minutes then realized there wasn't even a light bulb screwed in.

Also, I did search the forums and couldn't find a definitive answer.

2. I always put the Taproot pointing down.

3. Thanks man!

4. Lay it on it's side on top of the soil

Wtf man which way do roots grow? Up or down?
    Down of course.

5. Well when a seed cracks it's shell and starts to grow it's tap root, it grows the root up and then down (in soil), so the head of the seed curves up towards the light. If I germinated it in soil, I wouldn't have had a question to ask :)

6. plant the taproot DOWN...... always down.

get yourself a good growing book and read the shit out of it. cannabis growers bible would be a good start. or even google what your looking for. i typed in "plant taproot up or down?" and got a 1,000,000 results.

seems like you need a good, basic base knowledge of how our hobby works.

dont take that as me being a dick, if it sounded that way..... im just tryin to help