Which Vape to Choose?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by wabbitt, Mar 21, 2012.

1. hey guys I am wanting to buy a vape soon and after some research its down to a few. They all are around $50.
    If you have any other suggestions please let me know, but nothing over $60 please-seriously, I don't smoke that often and am a beginner there is no way I am going to spend a lot of money.

here are the options:
    Vapor King Black Box Digital Vaporizer - seems to combat most cheap vape cons (not made of plastic, 3 year warranty, heating element not pointed upwards), but there are little to no reviews of it
    Amazon.com: Easy Vape Vaporizer in Black - Digital LCD Herbal Vaporizer: Health & Personal Care - has some reviews, seems to work for people
    Amazon.com: Vapor Genie Classic Vaporizing Pipe - Black: Everything Else- very cool and portable, but requires a lighter/ not sure how well it works.

2. I hate to say it....but you will not be able to get a good vaporizer for that price. There just aren't any that would provide a good and reliable vaporizing experience, you would be wasting your money on any of the above vaporizers.

I highly recommend you save up your money to at the very least to get an MFLB. It can be had for 90-100 dollars, and it provides a decent vaporizing experience for a portable vape. Desktop vapes are going to cost around 150-180 for a great vape, and they're all great investments.

But if you buy a 60 dollar vape, I can all but promise you you'll go back to smoking, and will be dissapointed. If you get a nice vape? You'll probably never smoke for the rest of your life, like me.

3. Whip vapes are good, SSV or Da Buddah good starters. :p

4. Hesophoros is right. Don't bother investing in vaporizer technology unless you have the funds. No point in getting poisonous chemicals in your lungs from cheaply made vaporizers. Some of these vaporizers don't even have a warranty or customer support just in case they break (which some of them often do).

5. cant say anything about the other vapes but ive had the easy vape and thats the one i would pick

6. I bought an Eclipse vape. It uses a lighter. Don't waste your money on one that uses a lighter. They're too easy to get too hot and you just wind up smoking. Save your money and get a good REAL vaporizer. I'm saving for an SSV or Rock Zap.

Check out this group

Grasscity.com Forums > Social Groups > Smoking and Usage > --- the vaporizer club ---
    Which vaporizer(s) do you own?

7. If all you have is 50 tops, you shouldn't be vape shopping. For that kind of change, you aren't going to get anything that comes close to being what a good vape is. You won't be getting a vaporizer, you'll be wasting 50 bucks.

8. For a vape you really get what you pay for and with only 50$ it'll have at least one of these flaws (Made out of country, cheap parts, no warranty, actual temp and temp set to will be different) if money's an issue I'd at least save up 100$ for an MFLB still not the best out there but gets the job done, its stealthy, and it's a well
    known company with good warranty.

9. Dude, I've had a good experience with my vaporgenie so far. Has a learning curve, but when you figure it out, you'll get baked.

10. Get an Arizer extreme q4. I got one on eBay brand new for $160(+shipping). I've yet to have a problem after around 8 months of solid use. Gets you baked and conserves weed.

11. I really can't see how vapes should/can be so expensive. Its pretty much just a heating element to make the weed reach a certain temperature. Anyways, I'm thinking that I'm going to get the vaporgenie. I can get it for $40 and it seems like people have had success with it

12. I would honestly almost rather throw my money in the garbage than buy a $50 vape. That's pretty much what you'll be doing anyway. You'll use it once or twice, realize how shitty it is, then never touch it again. I've seen it happen multiple times. Seriously, don't even waste your money.

13. [quote name='"wabbitt"']I really can't see how vapes should/can be so expensive. Its pretty much just a heating element to make the weed reach a certain temperature. Anyways, I'm thinking that I'm going to get the vaporgenie. I can get it for $40 and it seems like people have had success with it[/quote]

Well, getting a long lasting heating element that's something inert like ceramic, that will evenly heat your herb with a nice airpath does take more money than your budget. The vapor-genie doesn't even really fit that criteria. It works but its really not a very good experience, it doesn't produce very good vapor at all.

You'd seriously be FAR better off saving your money. You'd be getting your money's worth in how much you save on herb in no time. A nicer vape may seem like the more expensive option, but a nice vape is going to convert you to vaping, the vapor-genie maybe not.

14. I'll agree that the VG isn't the best vape. But i got my bat for 40, so i think it is damn good for my first vape (especially for 40 dollars). But after you get the technique down, you'll get some awesome hits. I like it's portability and the fact that all you need is a lighter. Plus, the heating element in VG's is ceramic. I also am not concerned about vaping 100%. Recently i've been vaping a bowl, then bonging the abv about an hour later to throw some couch lock in my high at night. Gets me higher than just smoking .2 would.

15. [quote name='"reefermadness11"']

I'll agree that the VG isn't the best vape. But i got my bat for 40, so i think it is damn good for my first vape (especially for 40 dollars). But after you get the technique down, you'll get some awesome hits. I like it's portability and the fact that all you need is a lighter. Plus, the heating element in VG's is ceramic. I also am not concerned about vaping 100%. Recently i've been vaping a bowl, then bonging the abv about an hour later to throw some couch lock in my high at night. Gets me higher than just smoking .2 would.[/quote]

I'm not denying any of that, I just think 40 dollars is much better used to save up for another vape, rather than spend it on that one. If you have lots of money, then you could afford to get several different vapes, but it sounds like OP has smoking devices to use, and I really really think that his money is best spent saving for a more legitimate vape.

16. Extreme q Vape , is a great vape. it has a whip attachment and also can blow bags of it.

Even an Magic flight launch box will run you over 60$