Which type of humidifier? (hot mist or cold mist)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by itguy, Jan 11, 2009.

1. My humidity level is around 40% and room temp is about 75. I went to buy a humidifier and there are two types - warm mist and cold mist. I bought the cold mist since I don't want room temps to be a problem..

Any idea which one is best? They're about the same price..

Thanks!

Here's my grow if you're interested:

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/313839-my-first-grow-attempt.html

2. #2 Duckhead, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
    I generally run a dehumidifier in an attempt to get my hummididty down to around 40% .... other than a large high volume mother/clone set-up I can't see why you'd want a more humid room.

Cannabis is not a tropical plant and generally prefers fairly dry environments.

75 degrees with 40% rh is just about perfect IMO.

3. Because right now I have about 10 CFL's, once they develop a bit I'm adding a 400w HPS which I assume will bring the temps up and RH down..

4. The heat from a 400w can easily be handled by either a vented hood or an increase in exhaust in combination with a larger intake hole.

I doubt that the added light will have much affect on your already fairly ideal RH. I'm actually a bit jealous as I live in a humid coastal area and have to spend hundreds of dollars a year running dehumidifiers 24/7 just to get mt RH near what you have to begin with.