Which temp do you go by during flowering, is it room temp or is it canopy temp?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Planet Grow, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Which temp do you go by during flowering, is it room temp or is it canopy temp?

Im hitting 91-95 right at canopy but the room is 78-82 are these number to high during flowering

I am ducting in and out, oscillating fan is running

2. I measure at the canopy. that's where the action is. keep that at 80 during the day and 70 at night
    room temp is a consideration as reservoir is in there too. and i monitor the temp in the room 1' off the floor
    fan speed increases if temp at ceiling height gets above 80, that's measured at 6" from the ceiling

during flowering temps should stay under 80 ideally and 60% and under humidity is ideal

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. Canopy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 91-95 is way to hot. Best to be 75-84 IMHO. A bit more if you use CO2.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I will get it down soon as the lights come on

6. An infrared "gun" thermometer can be used to figure this out.
    My leaf temp is 7 F lower than air temp, and that's what I use to determine Vapor Pressure Deficit.
    I've seen posts about 5 F lower.

Very likely those old school recommendations about temp are based on air temp, not leaf temp.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. root temp affects nutrient uptake, canopy temps affects leaves and buds. Ambient especially over the lights affects the lights. Most leds risk damage above 90, not sure about hid operating limits if any. 78 to 82 is my ideal range for everything all the time, emphasis on the My.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. #8 jimihendrix42, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    I don't see how you can go wrong with those temps
    Agree. Good Temps.

I don't see how anyone can go wrong with those temps..Regardless of light source.

• Like Like x 1