Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Which strain would you use, Qwiso?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Halfbakedjake, Jan 15, 2014.

1. I'm thinking about doing my first run on qwiso, which strain should I use trimmings from. Options:HeadbandWhite berryKandy kushCateract kushBlue dreamBlue cheeseThey are all pretty frosted.

2. All. Then compare their flavor.

3. Defiantly what the final plan is. I want to do one small batch first.

4. The kandy kush has such a unique terpene smell I think it would turn out great. Any one know how to get the different consistancys? I know with bho it all depends of your temps weather your going to get honey comb or shatter ect. Does the same apply for qwiso?

5. #5 xj206x, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    always loved blue dream to be honest, it has a good mind/body high and it tastes hella good

with qwiso it's all about the amount of time the iso is in contact with the plant material... and while it's sitting in the coffee filter straining counts. 

I'd say to do one really quick run (pour the iso in, shake for 20 seconds) start straining.  A lot of people don't have access to a vaccuum filtration system, but if you did this would help to increase the quality of your final product.  This is because all of the trichromes dissolve in the iso the quickest, and eventually does the chlorophyll and other plant resins.  The lighter the color of your hash, the purer it is.   

If you can get another run done while that is straining out (only works if you have tools for multiple runs) then that is even better, shake the next one for a little less than a minute and start straining again.

Make sure to freeze your trim for an hour or two before you start, it will help make the trichromes brittle.  Don't grind up the trim really finely either; all of the trichromes are exposed on the outtermost surface of the plant, grinding up your material will make it easier for contaminants to dissolve.  You can also get your solvent super cold, which will help you in increasing your final yield.  Take a large plastic container and fill it 3/4 full of water and then add as much table salt as you can dissolve into it (this will lower the freezing point) and then freeze it, then take it out once it's an icy slush and dump it into a container around your bottle of iso to make an ice bath.  Try to avoid touching the ice because it's very very cold, enough to burn your hands if you keep them in contact with it for too long.

Once you've done 2-3 runs with your material, now the hard part begins, the wait.  You want to wait at least 4 - 5 days to be absolutely sure that all of the iso and as much water as you could have allowed to evaporated, then put tin foil over the container and stick it in the freezer for an hour and a half.  Prepare to start working as soon as you take it out of the freezer, as it makes it a lot easier to scape up flakes of hash than if it's in a sticky oily form.  To store, put on parchment paper, put it in a container, and place it in the freezer. 

7. I have my trim and ISO and a salt water ice bath all in my freezer. The ice bath has been in there for a few hours. Used snow and cold water and salt to start it cold. My trimmings and ISO have been in there for about 14 hours. I'm thinking about doing multiple five second runs until I get the color I'm looking for. Any thoughts? What color do you want?Anyway I chose some white berry for my first run. (might throw in some kandy kief).Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I just finished my evaporation. Every thing looks great. I only used a qaurter of shake, i should have used more. But anyway the color of the oil i did get is a golden/amber :hello: . I ran into one problem though i have a white/clear film over parts of my dish. I know that it is normal to an extent, but from what i have seen its supposed to go away with heat, and mine did not. I put my dish in the oven at about 150-175 ( warm setting of my oven) for fifteen minutes then turned up the heat to 200-215 for 2  minutes just to see if the white would go away. I read somewhere that the lower your oven temp the better for qwiso, am i wrong and need more heat?

Im going to scrape a little and see if it gets sticky with a little heat and pressure.
    Ill post pictures soon.