Which strain should I grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stealthzzz, Oct 4, 2011.

1. I am now going on my second grow (1st grow still in flowering) and I was hoping to veg the clones taken from my plants but they have all seemed to have died after I transplanted them into the soil.

I am looking for an auto flowering strain to grow while I veg my main grow because I have a veg and flower area. I want peoples opinion on great auto flower strains and why. I am looking for something with a decent yield and is still potent.

How many plants could I fit under a 1000w hps? I would put them under cfls until they are ready for the 1000w lamp. 3 Gal pots. Should I LST or is it better to let an auto flower grow natually? How big do auto flowers usually get?

For my main grow I am looking for a high yielding strain with decent potency.

Thanks in advance for all the help :wave:

Cant wait to get my second grow started.

2. Just go with GDP or sum sour

3. [quote name='"NoBudy"']Just go with GDP or sum sour[/quote]

What is gdp? And sour diesel?

4. Id say white widow or Ak47 but thats just me

Good luck on the grow

5. [quote name='"stealthzzz"']

What is gdp? And sour diesel?[/quote]

Grand daddy purp and yes sour diesel

6. yep, good luck on the grow

7. [quote name='"CoconutFalafel"']

Grand daddy purp and yes sour diesel[/quote]

I will look into the gdp but sour d has a really long flower time. I'm looking for 6-9 weeks flower time.

8. Go with Ak-47 or some Cheese.

9. [quote name='"CoconutFalafel"']Id say white widow or Ak47 but thats just me

Good luck on the grow[/quote]

I was thinking on some AK47 because it has a nice buzz.

I hear a lot of good things about white widow.

Thanks

10. White Widow is definitely a good one to grow as well its just a little tough.

11. I think the op is asking for autos he should grow...right?

I've grown sour60 and really like it, but it's a little too stretchy for my taste. Good yielder, great uplifting high. Purple jems turned out pretty good too..smaller plants but some great flavors in the phenos and nice colors on some as well. I have some nyld going too but they're not done. hmm...the few roadrunner freebies I've popped have been nice too...those are all the autos that I've done personally.

If yer going 3gal you might want to go for the larger autos like s60,onyx,mi5,autoAK

I've seen some really great grows with 'whitemaster' and 'mi5' also 'onyx' ....and I've heard that the bluehimilayandiesel is great for potency.

for nonautos I'd go with gdp or whiterussian

12. [quote name='"CptDankNuggets"']White Widow is definitely a good one to grow as well its just a little tough.[/quote]

What's tough about it?

13. [quote name='"Bongsauce"']I think the op is asking for autos he should grow...right?

I've grown sour60 and really like it, but it's a little too stretchy for my taste. Good yielder, great uplifting high. Purple jems turned out pretty good too..smaller plants but some great flavors in the phenos and nice colors on some as well. I have some nyld going too but they're not done. hmm...the few roadrunner freebies I've popped have been nice too...those are all the autos that I've done personally.

If yer going 3gal you might want to go for the larger autos like s60,onyx,mi5,autoAK

I've seen some really great grows with 'whitemaster' and 'mi5' also 'onyx' ....and I've heard that the bluehimilayandiesel is great for potency.[/quote]

Thanks that's pretty much what I asked for. I will look into those and see which one I like more. :D

14. Can anyone else suggest some strains?

15. Critical plus my man

16. Super Cali-haze

best sativa auto flower ive come across

17. [quote name='"BeeJee"']Critical plus my man[/quote]

Yes heard this was a great yielding strain and still has potent smoke :)

18. [quote name='"MaineCronic"']Super Cali-haze

best sativa auto flower ive come across[/quote]

I like the sounds of that, what's the flower time on those bad boys?

19. Has anyone heard of samsara seeds el alquimista? its an AK-47 x Northern Lights strain.
    Not much about it but I like the genetics. Has anyone tried these out?

Here is more info:
    Samsara Seeds El Alquimista Feminized

20. joint doctor lowryder #2 is a nice auto flower. Takes about 8-10wks, i like them.