Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

which strain for Arthritis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by chronicRX, Feb 3, 2012.

1. I'm considering trying mmj for arthritis, joint pain,and tendonitis. I need moderate pain relief, a muscle relaxant, and anti inflamatory. I don't wanna be couch locked, but help sleeping would be good. I'm prone to anxiety, so it has to be mellow. Ideally this would all cone in a small plant I can grow inside w ith minimal odor. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Thanks a lot. That gives me somewhere to focus my research.

3. As an X long time arthritis suffer, I'm going to give you a recommendation you may not what to hear.
    Drink 2T. of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar in 16oz. of water with a little honey to sweeten the taste.
    Drink 3 of them a day and your arthritis will be gone in a week or two.
    Thanks to an active youth I had severe arthritis in both knees and hands with rheumatoid arthritis in my thumbs so bad I had to use two hands to pick up a coffee cup:mad:
    Plus I had arthritis in my lower back from back surgery.
    I tried the ACV treatment and have been 95% pain free for the last 3 years.
    I say 95% because my left knee doesn't have a lining and has a hole in the right side of the joint.
    By rights I shouldn't be able to walk because of the pain, but thanks to the ACV I hardly notice it.

4. #5 thestonedstoner, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
    I would say and good Indica strain would help with your arthitis because Indica dominant Cannabis has more of a pain relieving effect. Indica strains tend to have more CBD than THC.

CBD is one of the active cannabinoids found in Cannabis responsible for its therapeutic effects without the sense of being "high." Whereas, THC would be one of the psychoactive cannabinoids found in Cannabis that provides a more euphoric and stimulative effect.

If you're looking for specific strains this might be able to help:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/666526-strain-specific-uses-medical-cannabis.html

5. Arthritis will be gone? Come on bro that shit doesn't just go away. I have it in my knee cause the cartilage has worn down from multiple surgeries...your telling me a drink consumed for two weeks will cure that?

6. I won't say it will totally cure your knee, but it will help.
    Like I said in my previous post, my left knee is a mess.
    It started with a bullet through the knee, then a tumor in the knee. I've had two knee surgeries where they opened the knee up and over 10 arthroscopic surgeries on it. For my knee the ACV brought the pain from feeling like getting hit with a baseball bat 24/7 to only being in pain when a cold front rolls through.
    Everywhere else the arthritis is gone.
    ACV has been used to treat arthritis and other ailments since Hippocraties(sp)
    So far everyone I've recommended it to have had great results.
    Now I'm 58 and most of the people my age I know are on a regime of medications for their various ailments. I on the other hand don't even have aspirin in my house and haven't taken a pharmaceutical drug in years.
    I contribute that to mostly three things.
    ACV, Cannabis, and last but not least drinking spring water:D
    Here's a little more reading on ACV.
    Apple Cider Vinegar Cures

7. Grand daddy purp. After I got my wisdom teeth out I had medicated brownies and it did way more for pain relief than the pk's they gave me.

8. Hmm maybe I'll give it a shot then. My knee is a mess and I'm still in my 20s :(. So it's two tablespoons of ACV with 16oz of water?

9. #10 white grape, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
    Yep, I used to add honey to sweeten it, but found after time I sorta liked the taste without it.
    Now I add some MIO to it for taste.
    I also use Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother in it. That's actually important, not any old ACV will work. It most be organic.
    Good luck and I hope you have the success I had.

I forgot to add this.
    It was in my 20's I first started with my knee problems.
    One orthropedic surgeon I went to for years gave me a few exercises that also helped.
    Basically it was laying on your back and lifting your leg with your toes pointed up and also with the foot turned out. Those and walking. What they did was strengthen the muscles around the knee.

10. Cannabis infused honey goes really well with apple cider vinegar.:)

To OP, you're going to get the best anti-inflamatory response with oral administration, have you checked out the hemp oil thread?
    Also, any post by badkittysmiles.

11. Further proof that I haven't thought of everything;)
    Between the benefits of Cannabis, ACV, Honey, and water, that's a win, win, win, win, and win:D

12. Gotcha, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation.

13. I'll look into the hemp oil thread. I already take fish oil, so not sure if i need both, or not. I would actually prefer to eat the weed rather than smoke it. I dont smoke anything (cigarettes included) so trying a few hits to test out how well MMJ will work for me has caused a few coughing fits. However, practice makes perfect :smoke:

14. I make oil for my grandmother and edibles. I gave her the doses before bed cuz she claims she gets a bit "drunk" lol. She does claim that the follow day after sleeping throughout the night is a better improvement than any meds she's been on.

15. Afgan kush ryder. It will get about 30-36 inchs tall. Very good pain relief but dosent couch lock ya.

16. [quote name='"70sdiver"']Afgan kush ryder. It will get about 30-36 inchs tall. Very good pain relief but dosent couch lock ya.[/quote]

Isn't that an auto flower afghan x low Ryder? If so I may be picking some of those seeds up.