Which states are voting on legalization?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by BuzzerBeater911, Mar 5, 2012.

1. #1 BuzzerBeater911, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
    Which states are voting on legalization in Nov 2012? I know Colorado and Washington are, and I think Michigan is. Aren't there others as well?

Also, which states are voting on medical MJ? Which states are voting on decriminalization?

2. Everyone VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. I havnt heard anything in Michigan if they have the 300k required signatures to get it on the ballot. Some one clear this up please.

4. At the top of this very forum is a sub forum titled NORML.org News Feed. Click on it and read. ;)

5. no not yet.

i heard only 10,000 verified so far.

hearsay but it is still early and winter sucks to collect.

6. Wisconsin will be putting a bill in to be voted on - can't remember the name right now but I'll edit this later with more info (I'm on my phone at work currently).

Very exciting for the state - prices have skyrocketed up here in the last couple years and possession and paraphernalia fines are ridiculous - not to mention there are people here (just as there are everywhere) who really need it for medical reasons; as i recall, the bill is named after one such person.

7. Will the bill be for medical use, decrimilization or legalization?

8. Colorado and Washington are the only states so far that have certified legalization questions on the ballot. California, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, and Oregon all have active campaigns to collect signatures to try to put legalization questions on the ballot, but to date no other states have certified questions for the ballot. source: More States Putting Marijuana Legalization Questions on November Ballot

As far as I know, Massachusetts is the only state (so far) with a medical marijuana question on the ballot. But many state legislatures are looking at decriminalization or medical marijuana bills this session: From Decrim to Legalization, State Lawmakers Nationwide are Looking at Marijuana Reform

9. Looks like it's up for medical use with a doctor's recommendation - like Colorado.

Wisconsin

10. Jackie Richert(spelling?)...is my medicine legal yet?

11. I think the stupidest thing ever was the idea to go for medical legalization as a way to over all legalization, makes absolutely no sense...I wonder if I would be drinking a beer now if some dumb fuck decided the way to repeal alcohol prohibition was by making alcohol a medicine....probably not without a prescription....And FYI until the federal government can at the very least accept a states right to allow MMJ, all voting it or any other weed law in at a state level is going to do is provide alot more places for the DEA to target...

12. ^Well, during alcohol prohibition, a doctor could write you a whiskey prescription. People would get the script from their doctor, go to the pharmacy and get their whiskey, then go home and get drunk.

There's no such thing as a drug with no medical value. And cannabis has more medical value than any other drug on the planet. So I don't think medical legalization is a bad idea. It's just that people laugh it off as people just wanting to get high.

13. [quote name='"will3117"']I think the stupidest thing ever was the idea to go for medical legalization as a way to over all legalization, makes absolutely no sense...I wonder if I would be drinking a beer now if some dumb fuck decided the way to repeal alcohol prohibition was by making alcohol a medicine....probably not without a prescription....And FYI until the federal government can at the very least accept a states right to allow MMJ, all voting it or any other weed law in at a state level is going to do is provide alot more places for the DEA to target...[/quote]

In my opinion, I think mmj is great. Even if you don't have a medical condition.i don't think the government should be able to say its illegal. So if you can get away With being able to somewhat legally smoke it, I say by all means, use mmj as a reason to.