which shall i use?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by bong toke, Jul 14, 2005.

1. well i started an indoor grow box, its for personal use only and will probably have a max of 3 plants at once inside it. its 30 inches tall, and its about 70 inchs by 30 inchs. i plan on lst training all the plants so they can stay inside the box. im going to have a fan running thru and just need 2 decide on the light fixtures. i have a somwhat budget limit going from 70-100. but more eventually, so what kind of lights should i get for just some simple plants that arnt going to be exactly spoiled, but taken care of definatly.

also venting. will i need to vent the box out, well the fan would be an obvious reason to have some place for fresh air to come from, but this is in a garadge and...the law doesnt need a warrent to search a garadge so i plan on making this box as stealthy as possible and maybe even covered but how could i vent it while having it covered by a tarp/blanket/whatever i can hide it with.

2. The box sounds too small for HPS lighting so may be better to go with compact fluoros or tube fluoros. Less heat, less energy but at the same time less yield.

Use bathroom fans, computer fans or squirrel cage exhaust fan for venting. Squirrel cage can be a bit noisy however for stealth growing.

Gg

3. i currently have 2 ... uh 2 white grow lights on them? im not sure what kind they are...cuz their somwhat stolen, the watts are 180. they say like white fluros or somthing of that and they were used to grow indoor tomatoes so they should be able to grow a weed plant right? well if i get new/diffrent lights what watt should i get for just a few personal plants. ty

4. I would use a 150 watt HPS I found this site that has a small HPS lighting setup check them out www.micgro-sun.com they might have what you need Good Luck