Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Which sativa should I try

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Rootsphere_Farms, Aug 9, 2013.

1. On the hunt for a really good sativa, lemme know and I will prolly try it out

2. Sour Headband

3. The one in your sig!

4. Durban Poison

5. Golden Goat is one of the staples in my line up.

6. I love Sativa strains but I just can't seem to find enough of them.  Seems like the growers prefer Indica because of the higher yields and faster growing time.  I've had several good ones on occasion but my 2 favorites are Thai (the real stuff), and Jamaican Thyme weed, the latter is pretty rare unless you know a grower in Jamaica, you won't find it on the streets of Jamaica unless you get lucky.

7. I would feel lucky to BE on the streets Of Jamaica, let alone finding these thyme weeds you speak of

8. Green Crack or Super Silver Haze are my go-to's for an awesome Sativa.

9. I have family connections to Jamaica, I know one grower there. Looks like I have some searching to do next time I go there, I must try this thyme weed.
    2 Great sativas I have atm are green crack and blue cheese. Both are truly amazing.

10. #11 stevizzy, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
    Next time you go to Jamaica, go up in the mountains thru Fern Gully in the area near Golden Grove.  The best ganja comes from that region near the Blue Mountain Coffee Plantations which is at an altitude of 3000-4000' above sea level where the temps are moderate and rain plentiful.  Two other of their finest strains to ask for are Cotton and Lambs Bread.  The Thyme looks crappy, it's kinda scraggly looking, just like the culinary herb it's named after.  Cotton is more fluffy, like a big cotton ball but both have a very unique taste and lingering flavor that makes my mouth water just thinking about them.  First time my friend gave me some Thyme, I thought it was a joke until I smelled it, then a big smile came over my face....and it stayed there all day after I smoked it....a really good sativa buzz that lasts and lasts along with the taste.  I swear I can taste it for hours on my tongue...it sticks like glue.

As you probably already know, the tourists get the crappy weed but the growers have their own stash and rarely sell it on the street.  With your family connections and knowing a grower you should be "In like Flint".  I can't wait to get back again, it's my favorite place in the world to relax and unwind.  I never stay in Montego Bay or Negril, I love being in the mountains where the people are really honest and down to earth, not the hustlers you find in the Hotels.  I usually rent a small house with A/C on the beach from a local, not fancy, more like a small hut, but it's sure nice and the beach is unbelievable and it's just a few steps out from the front door.  Perfect!!!

11. Super Silver Haze from Mr. Nice Seeds
    Ghost Train Line from Rare Dankness

12. too many people trade in an excellent soaring upper high for 2 less weeks of flowering...its a damn shame

13. #14 stevizzy, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
    I like the Sativa strains that give me a cerebral high, without and numbing body effects you get from Indica.  Indica is great for pain and works far better for me than narcotic medications and less harmful.  
    With a good Sativa, that clean, cerebral effect just makes my mind soar like a really good book, is very relaxing and music sounds psychedelic even if it's Folk Music, it's almost mystical.  

14. #15 LoveoftheHerb, Aug 10, 2013
    I've only been there once, but it was definitely one of the best times of my life. Hoping to go back for the Christmas holidays.

I remember fern gully, driving through there and I got some of the blue mountain coffee, which is amazing.
    my dad is Jamaican, and I went there with him and the rest of my family, and stayed with my relatives in Clarendon.

A friend of my dad owns a few farms and grows all his herb, as well as vegetables and tobacco and whatnot. He took to me pretty quickly, and me (and sometimes my siblings) would go over to his place just to chill. He had his latest harvest hanging in there which he had just finished drying and told me I could roll up whatever I wanted. 
    Just like you described, this bud really just looked like mids and was brownish in color, but when you squeezed a bud and smelled it, it was just sweet and very tangy smelling, and when you smoked it, it gave you a soaring cerebral high that didn't burn you out. I absolutely loved it. I do recall him calling it "mint weed" though. I really wonder if its this thyme you speak of.
    He even took me out into the bush to see the farms and everything, because he knew I'm an explorer. Including the part with cannabis, all in full flower. It was pretty amazing.
    I Cant wait to go back! I have lots of questions to ask him :smoke:

15. Are you playing on the movie "In like Flint" or did you mean to use this example?
    "In like Flynn, everything is O.K. In other words, the pilot is having no more trouble than Errol Flynn has in his cinematic feats."

Anywho great post, wish I could have been there. :smoke:

16. #18 stevizzy, Aug 10, 2013

17. The growers always have something special, make friends with some and you'll have an experience you'll never forget.  It's just simply awesome up in the mountains, chillin with some cool Rasta's, they're great storytellers and such fun to be around.

18. #20 stevizzy, Aug 10, 2013

I think you found what I was refering to, although he called it "mint" it's really got a tangy flavor, quite cerebral.  You know!!!
    I've been to Clarendon many times and sampled the smaller "estate" coffee plantations.  They're not part of the "Government Run" Blue Mountain Inc. Coffee Industry and have some more unique varieties of the Blue Mountain coffee, just not Mavis Bank Inc.  It's best when you roast the green beans right on the spot, brew it and drink...with some ganja naturally.

I really love Jamaica, it's the "Emerald of the Caribbean" according to the famous Pirate, Morgan.  I'd agree.