Which religion is "right"? How do I know??

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by lan_lo, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Also, can someone please explain what you consider to be the "missing link"???

2. The missing link between man (homo) and chimp (pan)

3. dude thats none of your business until you die. That's when you are supposed to know the meaning of life. Until then, know that there is a loving god that is waiting for you when you are finished here in the physical realm. Live in the here and now. Keep your head out of the clouds, you are wasting your time.

4. Why does a soda can explode in the freezer? Because the energy in the carbon bubbles cannot freeze. Where does the carbon go?

5. Water expands when it freezes, so the pressure inside the can increases as it gets cold. There is a lot more water in a soda can than carbon dioxide. The process of crystallization forces the dissolved CO2 out of the water into gaseous form, but it remains inside the can so long as it is kept sealed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. wrong. cans explode in the freezer overnight. try it.

7. It would explode due to the increase in pressure that I spoke of.

Theoretically though, if you were somehow able to freeze a soda can without it popping, you could defrost it afterward and have the gaseous Co2 redissolve to once again carbonate the drink.

Neither possibility would violate the first law of thermodynamics.

8. but you cannot recarbonate the drink. Once it's done, it's done. Perhaps the carbon dioxide goes into the atmosphere and feeds all the plants.

9. Why isn't evolution still happening? lol you're telling me evolution has the ability to go from SINGLE CELLED organisms to a HUMAN and then just magically stops? now THAT makes no sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. And how the FUCK does a single cell organism turn into something else? Have you actually seen this happen and no im not gonna take mitosis as an answer. evolution is garbage. Out of all of them that's the last one I'll go for

11. I'm supppsed to know whatever I want to know what an idiot. You're telling me I'm not supposed to question anything? Not to wonder what the purpose of our life? Lol so let me just take my brain out and stop having the ability to think then. Damn.

12. When has evolution stopped? Source?

13. I literally am baffled by your ignorance. You do realize that evolution takes millions of years? It took just under 4 billion years for it to get us here. You seem to have no conception of how long that is? You think the 1800's were a long time ago, well 500 million years is only a fraction of how long we had to get here. Are you a scientist? I didnt think so. In fact I know you are not because a scientist quite literally cannot deny evolution, it is far too apparent that that is what happened and it is magnificently beautiful. It takes my breath away to study the processes that shaped life, as it is the greatest story ever told.

What the hell do you think happened? I mean, please don't tell me you think God just threw consciousness in our brains a few thousand years ago??? How the hell else could we have become conscious?? You're so fucking ignorant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The cosmic calendar compresses the local history of the universe into a single year. If the universe began on January 1st it was not until May that the Milky Way formed. Other planetary systems may have appeared in June, July and August, but our Sun and Earth not until mid-September. Life arose soon after. We humans appear on the cosmic calendar so recently that our recorded history occupies only the last few seconds of the last minute of December 31st
    Carl Sagan

15. The "right" religion is the one that makes you feel the most at peace with yourself :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nobody else is going to suggest the church of cannabis?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

17. All of them have bits and pieces of truth but through so many years are hardly close to the authentic/original texts anymore. Although they say "The Kabbalah" is one of those that still is quite accurate and closer to its original than others but we can't know for sure.

The only thing i know is i read, experiment and apply and find my own results that make most sense and work for me, although i don't really follow any traditions or focus on past, you can learn some valuable information that could enhance your existence but from what i know from within, there is no better way to live than simply living and being in the present moment.

This way we aren't depressed focusing on the past or anxious about future instead here in awareness :)

18. I believed in myself more than anything and I suppose in a way, that’s also believing in God. If there is a God and He made you, then if you believe in yourself, you’re also believing in Him. That doesn’t mean you’ve got to believe in heaven and hell and all that stuff. But it does mean that what you are and what you do is your religion

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

19. [​IMG]

Only you can free your mind

20. Who knows man, nature is evidence enough for me. If I had to guess which one is right it would be somewhere between Buddhism and shamanism. They are actively seeking out the divine via meditation or entheogenic naturally occurring substances. Living with nature instead of harming it. Aliens? perhaps. Humans could be considered ET now, we are in space. Maybe that is the next step in our evolution - evolving to become a space faring species.

• Like Like x 1