Which plant to harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ryan02044, Nov 20, 2016.

1. #1 ryan02044, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Strain: Short Rider
    Heavily LST because of limited space.
    I currently have 4 plants growing. Im going on vacation in 3 days and would like to harvest one plant before I go.
    The estimated seed to harvest was 6-7 weeks and it has been 8 weeks.
    They are both autos
    Red pot or blue pot or neither?

Attached Files:

2. they all look like thety are still throwing up white pistills ,,to me they could do with another 10 ten days growing ,,,,then flushing ,,,,,and if you chop one now with out flushing for at least a week or more its going to be a harsh smoke for you ,,,,mac

3. If you just have to cut one...I'd say the blue pot...looks a bit more matute. But as mac said, neither look quite ready yet...maybe cut some of the blue pot and leave the rest for when you get back???

• Like Like x 1
  4. Can i cut off one of the buds and let the rest of the plant keep growing?
    They are both autos

• Like Like x 1
  5. yea you can cut one of the buds off the plant .the rest of the plant will carry on growing..but you have not flushed the plant with plain water for 10 days the bud may smoke harsh and have a fertilizer taste to it .....mac

6. I disagree especially being an auto as it only has so many days flowering anyways and can't revert back to veg.... So if you cut the tops yes the bottom buds might swell by a mm but not enough to worry I've done plenty times wasn't worth it.... Btw take the one with the most red hairs if you can't check crystal color... Hard for them to be exact about anything with pour picture quality at the zoom.... But basically I'm saying take all when do.... They look pretty done being said you could definitely let go up to about at most two more weeks if just had to but if hit deadline set by seed company, most hairs have turned.... Then most likely pretty done.... But if ever in doubt like most these guys are then let go another wk or two just watch for bud dying... Fan leaves dying and turning yellow is good thing you wanna leave those.. good luck BUDdy

• Like Like x 1
  7. i never said about the plant reverting to veg ,when i said plant would lkeep growing i meant it'll keep flowering etc ...plus buds on autos are never hardy ready by when the seedsellers say they will be done ,,,mac

8. Yeah but he's asking will they get bigger like when they was originally growing hard buds... And no it won't... It might barely swell them tiny amounts but thats it

• Like Like x 1
  9. ok i see what ya mean mate,,,your right the buds want get any bigger (maybe just a bit) but the point i was trying to say to him was that with out a good flush .any bud he does take off will be a harsh smoke ,,of course he'll getva taste of his plant ,if i were him i'd wait and flush ,,,mac

• Like Like x 1
  10. I ended up not harvesting either of the plants.
    Im going to let them go and see what they look like when i get back in 4 days

• Like Like x 3

11. So I really want to harvest one of these but im unsure which one. (I have 2 other plants that need to grow more)
    #1: has bigger buds but more light hairs
    #2: Smaller buds but more orange/dark hairs

Number 1:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Number 2:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. have you got a smalll magnifying glass yoiu really need to look at the trichomes on the buds ,,you''ll see little mushroom like hairs with a cap little a muchroom these will range from clear , to white and amber ,most people harvest when theres a mix of white to amber of 50% 50% ,,the more clear ,white the buzz will be shorter spo will the high ,,more amber more couch lock ...mac

13. I've just done 1 of mine and the trichomes was cloudy. A real head high no couch lock which is what I like but damn it pickles my head haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ive only been using molasses for the past week with no other chemicals. Do I still need to do a flush?

15. I always try to flush if I can but plenty times I haven't. ..I've found when you do it's a lil smoother I think

• Like Like x 1
  16. Btw you don't have to buy a bottle flush to give it a nice flush... You can just straight pH ed water or distilled water if just couple plants...I have way too many to even think about trying that with distilled anymore....I just let my tap water set out 24 hrs good luck BUDdy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Your short riders beats mine , lst works good for em I see, also I made a mistake and topped an auto lmao, I'm sill learning . I'll correct next grow .

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum