Which plant is which strain?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CyprusAvenue, Apr 12, 2015.

1. #1 CyprusAvenue, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    So both plants are 3 weeks into 12/12 : one Cinderella 99, and one Northern Lights. I didn't label them after germinating the seeds, but I figured It would be obvious by now which was which. 

Plant A:
    IMG_0101.JPG

Plant B:
    IMG_0100.JPG

Plant A on the Left; B on the right:
    IMG_0097.JPG

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    it's anyone's guess[​IMG]

whichever finishes first is the c99[​IMG]

i'm guessin B is the c99

3. Oh yeah? I thought northern lights finished faster then C99? According to the seed companies anyways...

4. #4 GoldGrower, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    Plant A is showing more heat stress signs and I know from every northern light plant I have grown that they really don't like high temperatures at all. So my guess is plant A is NL. But I accept that it's little more than a guess 

5. Damn I can't tell. I have seen a lot of spacequeen in the grow room and have done some my self. The cindy/Rom

The space queen always goes 10 weeks. I'd say the nl should finish first. Can I see I fan shot of a?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. c99 should smell fruity and nl hashy

By heat stress do you mean those browning pistils? .... If not, I was figuring it was a bit early for them to be turning, think this is because the light is too close?

I guess this is another vote for c99 as B then :) 

9. It's the leaves cupping. If you zoom in you will see.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #10 GoldGrower, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015

Nah man, it's the fringes of the leaves, the serrated edges, the teeth are curly upwards. I don't know what the plant is trying to achieve but it's the classic sign of the temperature being too high. Northern lights like cooler temperatures compared to most strains 

But yo be honest both plants are showing heat stress to some degree. Are you able to ventilate better? 

I find northern lights to have a dry peppery spice type smell. I have never grown the other one so I'm not much help 

Oh yeah, the temperatures aren't too bad but I've had problems with very low humidity the entire time which may be making it worse ...really dry in the winter here

What is the temperature of the top of the canopy? Whatever it is, it's definitely a bit too high because the plants are saying so