which PC case for large 2-3 plant grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smilelifeis, Feb 10, 2009.

1. hey everyone, i have a question i am trying to solve. i am wanting a black pc case suitable for a 2-3 plant grow. the problem is the cases all seem to have vents on the SIDE. i would prefer it not to have those vents, ultimately i could cover them up somehow.

anyway... my question is, how BIG of a case would i need for a 2-3 plant grow? not too big, not to small... a mid tower? server?

if you might be able to point me in a direction, or have a link to a recommended case, i would appreciate it very much. thanks!! :)

2. #2 SVTSVT, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    As much as you dont want the fans on the side your going to need them. These little boxes can get pretty hot and you want as much ventilation as possible. If your growing in a PC box get a tower sized box take advantage of any extra room possible, your going to need it. I ordered my box box from homegrown hydroponics and it claims its good for 4-6 plants. Im shooting for 3 and 4 at the max. Theres a few companies that make them or you can build one for cheaper if you have the time. Do a goole search for pc grow boxes and start reading.

3. thank you brother.

4. http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=CA-10569BK#

could someone look at this before i order it and let me know if 2-3 plants would work well in it? from my research, it seems like 2 would work well. the dimensions seem suitable. just want to double check before i order. thanks again!

5. I mean I supose that might work. How are you going to open it to water your plants? You need to be able to open it from the side, so find a box that has side access. That box seems like its a bit to short for me the height is just shy of 17 inches. Personally I wouldent want a box shorter then 20" but to each his own. I'd look for somthing taller.

6. thanks for your advice man, i took your advice and am going to go with this one:

http://www.outletpc.com/c0717.html

it's over 20" tall, lockable/accessible side panel, on sale and under $60, too! would this be the one to go for you think, man?

thanks again.

7. I don't think the words "large" and "2-3 plants" and "PC case" belong in the same sentence...

8. #8 polish_pothead, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
    try junk yarn, (computer recycle place) old useless mainframes that are large are freely available, cases were bigger in the past on average

9. Once my box arrives I'll be glad to prove that wrong....anyways that box looks better then the first one, but now my only gripe is it's a bit narrow, its only 7 inches. I bet I could still pull 2 ounces a grow out a box that size though.

10. Heres a pic from another guys journal who grew two lowryder 2 plants in hydro. He yielded 42 grams dry, and made some mistakes that could have easily yeiled another half ounce and that was his first grow ever. Yes people it can be done and it's not as impossible as you might think. :p

[​IMG]

11. lmao...

this would be something for my kid to do in college:D id like to see how this works out............

12. Yea, this is a great idea and I actually have a Lian Li (or Rocketfish, from BestBuy) server tower that would work perfectly. Props for the idea man, saved the me time and money I would have spent going out to get a real box.

13. in the pic it looks like the plants are growing in toasters inside the case. lol....

14. There just little tupperware containers. I'll be growing soil because its way to much of a pain in the ass to constantly adjust the ph in such a small resivor. I give the guy in the picture posted an A+ for his first grow. His plants turned out great I'll post a link so you guys can see what to expect.

15. like svtsvt said.

"It's an autoflowering strain which means that its ready 8-9 weeks from seed to harvest."

is this what you have??
    cause this is what youll need in order to grow in that small of an area...........

16. It is possible to grow regular plants with real good training (LST) but I only plan to grow autoflowering plants, Diesel ryder and hindu kush which I already got in the mail!!!. I might try to grow a clone of some amazing strain my friend has for the fun of it but I really think these boxes are best for autoflowering plants. Read up on auto hindu kush and tell me it doesnt seem perfect for a pc grow box. Damnit I cant wait for my box to get here!

Automatic Hindu kush
    Seeds per pack : 10
    Type : Autoflowering, sativa/indica F1 hybrid
    Height : 10 – 14 inches
    Harvest date : 9 weeks from seed
    Yield : 14 – 30g per plant
    Ideal light regime : 20/4 from seed to harvest
    Ideal pot size : 5 litres
    Environment : Indoors/Outdoors
    Effect : Sedative/Couchlock/Manic Munchies
    Automatic Hindu Kush is truly for the Indica lover. She may only grow to 14” at the very most but the buds are thick and rock hard, and with such a coating of resin that she is our best and most efficient hashmaker. A mix of Hindu Kush, master Kush and Lowryder, our Automatic Hindu Kush does not branch out as much or grow as tall as our Automatic AK47 but they also do not require as much rootspace, this enables more to be grown in the same area. In 1 square metre for example you may be able to fit twice as many Automatic Hindu Kush’ as you could Automatic AK47’ we feel that this more than makes up for it’s individual size. Being an Indica, the high of the Automatic Hindu Kush can be quite narcotic in its qualities and can induce sleep or deep relaxation quite effortlessly. Not a strain you should be smoking if you intend to go dancing, play sports or indeed anything that requires you to use your legs! You might also consider somehow locking the refrigerator prior to smoking unless you want to gain weight and rack up obscene grocery bills.