Which one of these strains for first grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by youngta08, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Starting my first grow here soon and about to order from attitude. Most likely going to do a scrog so I'm gonna need a plant who is a good scrogger.

Narrowed it down to a few strains, wanting something potent and stankyyyy with a higher yield. Feel free to suggest a strain that I didn't list if you'd like.

Reserva Privada OG Kush #18 Fem

Dutch Passion White Widow Fem

G13 Labs White Widow Fem

(any other breeder of white widow could be suggested)

Dutch Passion Frisian Dew Fem

Reserva Privada Kandy Kush Fem (OG Kush x Trainwreck)

2. TGA Subcools 'Space queen' is a great scrogger , infact i think she only likes it scrog :D and the smoke and yeild are pretty good like most of subcools genetics (or rather all those ive personally come into contact with)

3. #3 chittyAdvice, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    Kandy Kush all the way! I'm not sure if it's a good for SCROG, but if grown right, she's straight up dank! Super frosty and super sticky with loads of Trichs. Aside from OG Kush and OG Kush #18, Kandy Kush is one of Reserva Privada's finest strains. Good luck finding any OG Kush strain that isn't sold out from Reserva Privada.

Also, check out Power Kush by DINAFEM. Flower time (45-55) days. She's a quickie, but she's super dank!

4. OG 18 is not sold out from Reserva Privada YET :) Still might go with Kandy Kush now after hearing all of this

5. White widow would def be a great one, heard she is a bit difficult to grow so might not be a good choice for 1st grow but it is a Cannabis Cup winner so cant go wrong eh. I would go with Flying Dutchmen White Widow tho, not G13.

I grew RPs Kandy Kush my last grow and it was pretty good. Not as spectacular as the previous poster said but hey, maybe it was me or the pheno i had. It did yield quite a bit tho.

If i were to suggest a strain and/or company it would def be Barneys Farm (wonderful varities). Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush is BY FAR the best strain ive grown. Easy to take care of, frosty like nothing ive ever seen, the buds had like a redish-gold color, yielded well, i cant even tell u how satasfied i was. Will put ur ass to sleep! LSD is also a good one from Barneys.

Good luck!

6. #6 chittyAdvice, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011

I'm shocked! The last time I checked, they were sold out. And they're ALWAYS sold out of OG Kush. In all honesty, If I were you, I would pick up both OG Kush #18 (while it's still available) and Kandy Kush. They're both super dank! You won't be disapointed.

I've heard many good things about Barney's Farm too. Whatever you decide on, let us know.

7. Hey buddy

Always love the ordering phase, I can never make quite my mind up with what to get.

I noticed you have white widows on your list from G13 and Dutch Passion, white widow is a really good strain although I'm not quite sure it's a great scrogger, I got some from seedsman seeds white widow (they were cheap and I wouldn't really recommend them to someone who's looking for fine quality like you are), it's really tough to get a REAL white widow. I lst'd the shit out of it and it took up a lot of room, but had decent bushiness, but it was nowhere near the legendary whiteness that I expected.

I shy away from Dutch passion ever since I have heard of questionable reviews in general(especially regarding their blueberry, but this is my opinion and don't take it for face value).

I don't really think you can go wrong with reserva privada, I've heard really good things about Kandy Kush and of course the OG #18 is pretty bomb.

I'm always looking forward to ordering the OG Kush from them, but timing and it's super high turnover rate (It's always out of stock...) make me delay and wait.

You might want to check out Blue Widow (From dinafem I believe) or Flo from DJ short, a lot of people on the indoor forums like waterboy and faderharley have been successful with them, the flo pheno waterboy had was BOMB.

Anyways have fun checkin out strains

RC