Which Of These Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by BluntForceTrauma, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Hello. I'm a new member, but not a new toker, and this is my first post. I've owned plenty of glass pieces, but never a bong. So I finally decided to buy one, but I want to stay under about 80 dollars. So which of these in your opinion should I buy?

They both have 5mm thick glass, not sure of the height. Both have removable glass downstems. The blue beaker bong also has a perc, I think 6 arm. Anyway your opinion would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. I like the one with the perc because of the wider bottom. Feel like I get better hits from the beaker bottom bongs.

3. #3 FrenchToast, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    Well if you really want the ashcatcher and perc well get the second one. 
    The first looks a lot more sturdy and resistant. If it's going to be a party bong, or a bong for the road, get this one.
    You'll get cooler hits with the second one, the first one hasn't got an icecatcher and being a simple tube it will be harsher.. But you can always get a precooler later on

Since you're on a small 'limited' budget, i wouldn't get something to fancy because it won't be as good quality. But if it's just going to be staying at your place, get whatever the hell you want ! :D

Edit : And if you get the first one, a diffused downstem really makes the difference ! So much better ! 

Oh and where are you getting it from? LHS? or not, which website? 

4. #4 thewarden, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    I would personally opt for something that's a little thicker - go for 7mm. for 80 you should be able to get a 7mm thick roughly 14inch tall straight shooter that will rip real fat and be durable as hell. 

if you're set on one of those I'd get the one on the left. seems sturdier. 

5. Eh, it's all about preference. I don't like beaker bases too much, but a six arm perc is a six arm perc, as well as a decent ashcatcher. I'd probably go with the beaker base one. But either decision at least both bongs will be good.

6. Thanks for the responses. I'm buying from grasscity.com. Both of these cost about 60 bucks. And yeah its going to be staying at my house mostly. And I think the beaker one is borosilicate glass. I don't know much about glass, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not?

7. If i remember right, borosilicate glass is standard/good quality glass. 

As said before, it's your personal preference. Don't let use decide for you!
    (even though i think beaker base bongs are so classy, and cool ;)

Otherwise just get really high, look at them both, and then you'll realize which one you want the most, worked for me :D

8. #8 bongtokes6200, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    i got the wackest bong ever from grasscity, what i was expecting was waay different than what came to my house. granted it wasnt a fancy piece but like you i dropped like $75 on it and got some weird ass thing with a huge ass mouth opening, almost couldnt get air tight suction there was a fat carb hole they never said anything about on the site and the bowl it came with was basically a downstem with a giant bowl with a giant hole in it attached to it, when in the pic online it appeared to be a normal set up, bowl and downstem not attached. i was pretty pist. never ever ordering from on online headshop again.

careful, their pics can be real deceiving.

9. Hey I just want to let you know, grasscity is too pricey and the wait could be a long time depending where you live, because its a euro site.
    ioffer is a good site, where I bought my 10in honeycomb perc rig 89$
    dhgate prices are phenomenal
    badassglass
    Just look up decent sites close to you, and do a lot of lookin :) but I like the 2nd one, probably smaller (+ for me), cools smoke, and ashcatcher

10. You should probably get the one with the perc, but that other one does look really cool.

11. None. They look like they were made in china. Look at your local headshop or goto brotherswithglass.com for american made glass.

12. I did visit a couple headshops in my area, but most of their stuff was overpriced or just not what I was looking for.

13. Otherwise just get really high, look at them both, and then you'll realize which one you want the most, worked for me :D[/quote]

Frenchtoast, that was some good ass advice.

14. Frenchtoast, that was some good ass advice.

[/QUOTE] 
    Hah, cool. Which one did you get then? 

15. The first bong is a better option, the second bong is really delicate and feels very cheap. I know because Ive owned it

16. Oh wait you've owned it? How was it? How delicate?

17. Beaker base all the way!

18. Probably going to end up getting the beaker base one, because of the the perc and ice notches and whatnot, but tibetanskunk just said he's owned it and its delicate, so I don't know. Guess ill have to be careful af.

19. The beaker bong because it cant be knocked over that easy if bumped. It also has a nice perc.

20. Ive got the same bong but from a different make (black leaf) You dont need to be "careful" with a bong just dont be heavy handed, hit it off a table and you'll never smash it!