which of these 3 cards should I pick?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by newbkushgrower, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I havent bought it yet, waiting to get paid

2. #22 newbkushgrower, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    Yes, by far it is the better card, and im also gonna have to buy a new psu (305 watts just wont cut it) and You CAN'T go cheap on PSU so I have a relatively low budget computer. Now I should mention the games (and software) I want to or don't want to play. I don't care about playing games like crysis 2, bf3, or mw3; I'm more leaned toward some of the older games like FC 2, ARMA(1), COD5, and fallout. Also I got 2 GB of ram and my processor isnt the best, its a pentium D 2.8ghz. Also, I don't care to have everything on max settings normal settings is fine. (unless I can on some of these games)

EDIT: A low power consuming budget card will fit my needs, and maybe next year or the year after I might buy the 6870 if the price can get down to $125 - $150

3. i was replying to him because he quoted me making it sound like he was referring to my purchase, not what you were looking at haha..

but are you gaming or what with these cards? the 4870 would probably run games comparable to the 5000 cards you posted

but whatever you pick will probably run just fine

i have no games to play right now.. i dont wanna buy skyrim .. swtor is 3 weeks off lol

4. #24 Phamas, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    seeing that the sapphire card is disabled...

I would really avoid the MSI card..

its 128 bit and only GDDR3 Ram... the 4870 is 256 bit with GDDR5

http://educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html

cool tool...

says im only needing 452 watts but it isn't accounting for the 3.6 ghz OC on my processor

if you go cheap on power supply you pay for it dearly

never go cheap on a PSU. ever. I always go with corsair. great psus

next one I get is gonna be modular though... good lord wires suck

I was playing desert strike on SC2 last night on extreme (one of the more graphic intense custom games on sc2) and it tanked it like a champ, with the temperature never going out of the 40s.. super cool and super quiet...

im just mad cause i thought it came with dirt3 but they changed it to a 10$ off promo code which i forgot to enter in anyway

5. I would NEVER go cheap on a psu.

• Like Like x 1

6. AMD FTW

AMD+ATI = mega win.

7. #28 Phamas, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
    eh

I still like my Intel processors

but ATi definitely pulled into a tie with nVidia on their 6000 series and analysts expect the 7000 series to be superior to nVidia's next line of cards.

http://www.edn.com/article/520175-Nvidia_Kepler_GPUs_to_trail_AMD_s_next_generation.php

I love ATi cards, great power and if you pick the right one its quiet and cool...

nVidia is like LOLIWANTURPOWERSUPPLYTODIE

8. I love my wind force :) I've never had that shit not run something on the highest settings lol. Well actually gta but it's cause I can't turn fog up all the way. It's because I only got the one gig card