which nutes for commercial grow?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by wesside, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Hypothetical question here. Say if you were to be growing 50 or so ladies in coco, which nutes would you use? My thoughts are between cns17, which I use for my small home grow already, or house and garden a & b.

I have heard the h&g does great and is gentle (hard to nute burn) on the plants. Any other choices or input from you coco studs?

2. I say stick with the cns17 since your familiar with it already, if it works for a few it will work for 50.

3. #3 967, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    I'm not entirely happy with h&g. I've run it for a few grows now and my buds are great but i just can't help feeling they could be better. Pretty much have nothing to compare it to tho. You're right about it being gentle, 2.8EC and my plants barely showed any sign of burn. Though this grow at 1.5EC they have slightly burnt tips, which i put down to either too much PK, or fulvic acid i introduced as i'd never had this before even at much higher EC

can't wait to finish these damn bottles of h&g just to try something else..

Is it me or does the potassium seem way high in h&g? If the shit builds up in the coco, how much K can a plant need? especially when using aggressive bloom enhances such as koolbloom like i'm using

4. id say stick w/ the cns if thats what your familar with

although, if your wanting to switch shit up, grab ya some canna coco a/b

dont know where you read that "its hard to burn plants with h&g"

you can burn plants with any nutrient. h&g isnt all its cracked up to be..... been there done that

5. #5 967, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    2.8EC feeding and no sign of burn.. I'd say its hard to burn with h&g. I get your point but shit i doubt i could feed other nutrients that high and get away with it. I think my run off when i found out i was over feeding was 3.6EC :eek:

Just out of curiosity are you flowering with canna tothehead? I know you've been raving about in for veg, just wondering how are you finding it in flower? If i can get over the not wanting to purchase online thing canna is definitely on my next shopping list

Oh and congrats on your 967th post lol

6. [quote name='"tothehead"']id say stick w/ the cns if thats what your familar with

although, if your wanting to switch shit up, grab ya some canna coco a/b

dont know where you read that "its hard to burn plants with h&g"

you can burn plants with any nutrient. h&g isnt all its cracked up to be..... been there done that[/quote]

Sticking with the cns is the way I'm leaning since it does well for me now, why change, right? Especially since I'm thinking 3 strains, all first timers. I definitly want to keep it as simple as possible.

As far as h&g not burning very easily, Ive just seen a few different posts on this and other sites, saying they were able to run it at a higher ec than different nutrient systems without seeing any negative effects. But that is just hear-say.

With the cannabis though, don't you have to use cannazyme also to have the correct nite ratios?

7. You mean with the canna? Check out the "nice bagseed mother in pure coco" thread. That guy is rocking just canna with superthrive and pk13/14 and his shit looks top notch. Rhizotonic would probably be a better choice than cannazyme i would think

8. [quote name='"967"']

You mean with the canna? Check out the "nice bagseed mother in pure coco" thread. That guy is rocking just canna with superthrive and pk13/14 and his shit looks top notch. Rhizotonic would probably be a better choice than cannazyme i would think[/quote]

Yeah, I should have proof read that. Damned auto- spell.

Rhizotonic is probably what I meant, but I haven't really ever researched canna, I was just trying to remember what i have read. I'm a stoner, lol.

9. i am indeed flowering with canna

im using atm......

canna coco a/b 10ml/ gallon
    rhizotonic 2ml/gallon
    cannazym 10ml/gallon
    humboldt nutrients ginormous 10ml/gallon
    humboldt nutrients honey carbs hydro 5ml/gallon

ec comes out around 1.7-1.8

ill have some pics up tonight of how its workin for me :)

10. forgot 2 add........

the ginormous and honey carbs pretty much make up for the canna boost

11. Please do. I'm very interested in canna nutrients, seen some crazy big buds grown with that stuff

12. check out my thread "revolutionary blumats" in the coco section

posted up some pics that were taken yesterday