Which NPK Blooming Fertilizer's?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Digger, Nov 30, 2018.

1. #1 Digger, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Hi all.
    Im trying to pick out the best of these Flowering Bloomer's below.
    It's my first grow by doing thing's properly, and by that i mean useing a Bloom Fertilizer for the first time.
    My Vegetation Fertilizer is a soluble & the NPK = 25 : 5 : 8.8.

I'm not sure of the ratio below if it's good or bad for Vegetation?
    Though I've never had a problem useing this brand of fertilizer!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Nitrogen : Phosphorus ratio – 5:1

I would really like an opinion of which Bloom Fertilizer NPK Ratio is better for me at the moment.
    This isn't an "Organic" grow if I get the chance next time i will, im having to use Liquid Fertilizer's for this one.
    These are the products i can get here,

#1 Bass Liquid Potash NPK 2:9:20
    #2 Tiger Bloom NPK 2:8:4
    #3 Dyna'gro NPK 3:12:6
    #4 Dr Earth "flower girl" is the Organic one I'd like to use next time.
    Cheer's fella's...
    shopping.jpeg s-l400 (2).jpg s-l400.jpg s-l400 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Is there anybody in there? Or out...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Bud. 'nuff said.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Digger, Dec 1, 2018
    Labrat.
    Big Bud. 'nuff said.

Yeah, but not what im asking labrat.
    The AN "Big-bud" is no good to me, it's supposed be used in conjunction with the other 2 part's and the NPK of 0:1:3 is no good to me either as i still need the N.
    "AN Bloom" NPK of 1:3:4 is better, but as stated above it's 1/3rd of a 3 part solution that im not useing & i dont know if it can or should be used as a 1 Part for Flowering in Soil not hydro?
    Or can you advise me on, in what relation the P&K should be of each other? images (1).jpeg images.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Digger, Dec 1, 2018
    Labrat, I see the BigBud is a 1 part, but it has no Nitrogen for my soil.
    And AN products are for Hydroponic use, not for potted soil i think.

Have you used it in potted soil outdoor's? Has anyone else used AN products in a soil grow?

Out of these 3 NPK Ratio's, what do you consider better?
    NPK 2:9:20
    NPK 2:8:4
    NPK of 2:20:9
    Higher P than K or vise versa?
    Cheer's pal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Big Bud works fine in soil and I use the powdered one. 0-15-35, 10%S, lots of amino acids and other goodies.

I'm not growing lots so the liquid would go bad before I used it up. I don't use as much as they say to use either so the 500g can I bought 2 years ago should last me a few more years at least. Much longer shelf life if kept cool like it is down in my basement.

An NPK of 2-9-20 would be OK. You want the K to be double the P for pot. The other way around is better for tomatoes but we're not growing tomatoes are we. ;)

I hate flowering without and have used it since it was invented. Tried other stuff and not again.

In later flowering you want less N and you'll get plenty N in your other nutes so don't need, or want it, in something specific to flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Digger, Dec 1, 2018
    Yes were growing Tomato's too, but never used any fruit bloom's for that either.
    I've probably been missing out on somthing, but the tommy tomato's still taste yum...

8. #8 Digger, Dec 1, 2018
    Sorry for the separate quote's, still figuring out the site.

So by using a supplement with a little N to keep thing's going.
    Is this correct?
    Thanks Labrat.

9. I’ve used Flower Fuel for a few years now. Cheap and works great. It’s on amazon. Very strong so use half strength. You don’t want nitrogen in your bloom boosters. What little N is neede should be in your base nutes. I don’t even want N on my calmag, that’s why I use calimagic as it’s has lowest N

10. #10 Digger, Dec 1, 2018
    Hi there, by base nutrients do you mean what is left in the soil?
    I looked up your calimagic,
    it's NPK of 1:0:0 and your useing this to keep your soil pH in check & keeping in a little of the N?

I've just had to start useing Dolomite to correct my pH lately but it isn't a supplement and has no NPK, though it's organic with seaweed. eco-flo_dolomite_500ml_HR_1024x1024.jpg

11. I use calimagic for cal mag deficiency in coco. In soil I make my own mix and water only until bloom. Then I use the Aptus Supplements in flower to give them the boost needed to produce

12. I Use Flower Fuel in coco and have used it in soil too. When I do soil, I stay organic though and Aptus is organic

13. #13 Digger, Dec 1, 2018
    Do you use all of there products, because you could feed a big plump lobster to those spoiled plant's aswell.
    The leftover shell is a bonus too.
    513c5uuhDhL._AC_SY400_.jpg

14. I use the ambassador pack. Got it for free in Portland and is just what my soil grows needed

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thinking of ditching the Dolomite in place of the Calimagic?
    So i have another supplement.
    But i can't go overboard with all these plant goodies.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oyster shell flour and dolomite lime with some Kmag will amend your soil with cal mag if you want to stay organic

• Like Like x 1
  17. I feed with AN 3-part nutes in ProMix HP which is an organic certified peat-based grow media. Those are the base nutrients and I can adjust the amounts of various nutes to a point with that. With those alone I can get decent buds but the Big Bud really plumps them up and adds a lot of resin production too. They make an organically derived version of it now too but it's still just derived from naturally formed mineral salts.

An overabundance of N in later flowering can inhibit bud and resin production so after the plants finish their stretch in early flower I stop using the Grow portion and use half as much Micro as I do Bloom which is called the Lucas Formula style of feeding.

With outdoor growing it's best to make sure you have plenty of all the proper organic inputs in your soil as flowering starts when the plant wants and not as the result of a abrupt change in light cycle like you get with indoor growing. We're too far north for decent outdoor growing unless I build a blackout greenhouse. 18-20 hours of light all summer which is great for fast vegetative growth but flowering won't start until about the middle of August and we often have frost by the end of Aug so they never finish up. Just a little south of 60°N.

18. Hey Labrat, I'll read your post after the weekend as im feeling pretty crappy at the moment, coming off my pain med's since the last time a done my spine.
    F'n thing's running my life...
    Thanks buddy...

• Like Like x 3
  19. Im laying in a hospital bed too bud. Shit sucks!! Hope you get better man

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. You too pal you must be bored shitless in there, the food how is it?
    Can't go wrong with ham,cheese & tomato sandwich's..

• Like Like x 1