Which new phone to buy?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Aaagogo, Nov 9, 2010.

1. I'm stuck... in the market for a new phone...

deciding between the HTC Google G2 or the Blackberry...

I'm stuck... I want the G2 for the google star map app, and I can use it to show my photos easily.

but the blackberry, I can tether it to my mac and use it as a modem. Also, the blackberry gives a more professional looks...

i can't decide... they're such different phones and I want them both!!!

2. I'd be surprised if you couldn't tether the G2 to your computer, you might have to wait for the device to get rooted though (I actually think I saw an article pertaining to G2 root access having been achieved within the last 24 hours).

Unless you're an enterprise user and need the security features that a BlackBerry offers, go with the G2. If you were an enterprise user, well you probably wouldn't even have a choice between the two.

Overall it seems like the main difference between the two is that BlackBerries are sold as is, and that's what you get for the duration of your contract. It's been 16 months since I received an OS update on my BlackBerry (which broke more than it fixed), meanwhile it seems like Android is getting an update every few weeks.

3. my g2 kicks fucking ass, and if you are saying blackberry is more business oriented that google, you are wrong, google = owns the world, black berry = makes pretty cool pda phones

4. There is a tar.gz for enabling wifi tethering on the G2, and all HTC devices that run android.

5. I say the g2 I'm not a fan of blackberries

6. I have a blackberry, however I still think you should get the G2. You will get so much more out of the G2. The blackberry OS's are not very good in comparison.. :smoke:

7. i've played with both phones over the weekend.

i love the g2, just because of the google star map, it will help me out greatly when I'm doing space/astro related photography.

the os6 for BB is actually not that bad.

no, i'm not on the enterprise.

as of now, the g2 will reset itself after powering down after a root.

sigh... i'm so lost...

8. The G2 kicks ass, I personally don't like black berrys.

Why's this in music hall?

9. Magic everywhere in this bitch.

10. sorry, i think i just put down my nice bowl when i was posting this... :hello:

11. I really liked my friends G2 when I used it for a few days. Not as much as my iPhone though.

I have never used a BB long enough to give an opinion on one.