Which new console are you going to buy?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by Koopa, May 20, 2005.

?

Which one do you want?

1. Microsoft XBOX 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sony Playstation 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nintendo Revolution

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Well I will for sure get a revolution. Considering they are going to cost around $142 bucks and it will be nice to play something new. Maybe a ps3 but i kind of doubt it.

2. PS3. I have seen the XBox360 and it didn't really catch my eye. The Play Station consoles so far have been built like brick shit houses, with minimum glithces/bugs. I always like the games they have on the PS consoles as well. I just like the way Sony makes their game platforms.

3. PS2 came out in 2000, xbox came out in 2001

4. PS3.

I won't get an XBox. And I am happy MS is losing money on each system sold. :)

I won't get a Nintendo. They have been failing me since the N64 and nothing they have done since the release of that system has done anything to encourage me to go back to them. The only cool thing about their new system, is being able to download older games. That's pretty cool. But, as always, Nintendo has to drop the ball on something, and they do so with Revolutions garbage remote control. It's a toy, not a serious gaming console.

5. PlayStation 3 is supposed to have a NVidia chipset on it, so in my opinion, that makes it better than the XBOX's ATI. But Like someone said on a previous thread, you gotta own all 3 consoles + PC...

6. Sorry to burst your bubble, but check this out:

Microsoft
    XBox: Nov, 2001
    Xbox 360: Nov 2005
    Time: 4 years

Sony
    PS1: 1994
    PS2:March 2000
    Time: 6 years
    PS3: 2006

Nintendo
    NES: 1985
    SNES: 1991
    N64: 1996
    Time: 5 years
    GameCube: 2001
    Revolution: 2006

I'd say it's a constant 5 to 6 year cycle, if you actually look at release dates, with the exception of the Xbox which was 4 years (due to being late in the game for the last gen systems, and trying to be early for this gen's systems).

http://www.ps3portal.com/?page=history

7. Definitely XBox 360

8. Don't fool yourself, video games are toys.

You bash the new controller but keep in mind, this is not the first time Nintendo changed their controller. Almost every feature on the Sony and Microsoft controllers came from Nintendo. While Nintendo evolves gaming, the other two make what we already have look nicer.

NES- First controller with a d-pad
    Super Nintendo- First controller with shoulder buttons
    N64- First controller with thumb analog joystick, first controller with trigger button, first controller with rumble
    GC- First wireless controller
    Revolution- Just watch the video :)

9. anyone see anything wrong with this post? to my knoweldge the sony consoles have been the most defective consoles ever sold

this is just fanboyism ignorance at its finest

10. Haha. Ive owned a PS2 with no defects, as well as anyone I PERSONALLY know. WIth the Xbox it died within the first week (POS), and almost any of my friends that have owned an Xbox they have had horrible problems.

11. Fanboyism, eh? -Rep for being a dick.

12. go to gamestop and ask them which system they have had no most returns on due to defects, make sure you ask a manager any joe shmo wouldnt have been there longenough to know that from 2000-2004 sony continually used defective DVD drives in there system and then the mini ps2 had overheating problems

13. I dont need to. I was speaking from personal experiences with the two. I have owned my PS2 since it came out with no deffects. Like I said after the first week of owning my Xbox, the damn thing just quit working.

14. then i feel sorry for you cause theres an extreme minority of people whos xbox stoped working completly.....not to mention in 1 weeks time

15. Let's also not forget folks that it's about the games, not the console. I mean you can have a top of the line console and if there aren't any games for it that you like then you're SOL.

Personally, I'll probably get the 360. Of the last gen, the XBox seemed to have the most games that I liked (although most games were for both or all three major systems). And for the most part, who the hell cares what system someone else likes? It's a fucking console. If anyone gives even one flying fuck about what system someone else chooses, then that person might want to re-evaluate why the fuck they care what anyone else likes. That's all.

BTW, in my experience the XBox has broken down more often then the others. In fact right now mine is acting quite flakey and the audio keeps studdering, and sometimes it freezes although I think I fixed that by running a Lens Cleaner CD through it a few times. But anyway a couple of my friends systems have broken completely due to faulty power supplies, or a low-quality DVD drive. So far no one I know has had a problem with their PS2 but I'm willing to bet that if someone took the statistics on *all* systems returned for defects, they'd be about even.

16. The PS2 is known for crapping out. Mine did so I had to buy a new one. Also I was warned at GameStop that the little one overheats if it is left on for 8 hours straight.

The X-Box hasn't falied me yet but a lot of X-Box 360 are overheating.

The GameCube is a brick. Mine has been dropped, left on for days, whatever and it still runs to perfection. When the DS came out I remember an article where someone tried to destroy it to test the durability. It survived a 20 foot fall, a toilet flush, and a lawn mower.

17. Haha, yeah. One of my friends has a gamecube and I accidentally pulled it off the TV stand with the controller cord. After a second of silence after we watched it fall (cuz the damn thing weighed like nothing so it had no traction to keep it on the shelf) we just put it back up and played on.