Which new console are you going to buy?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by Koopa, May 20, 2005.

?

Which one do you want?

1. Microsoft XBOX 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sony Playstation 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nintendo Revolution

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HINT: Pre-rendered video. It's a trailer. That's not in-game footage. Sony has admitted this.

And the poster a couple above hit it right on...I'm buying the XBox 360 when it comes out later this year, saving money for a PS3 for next year, and a revolution as well.

2. Why doesn't it. The graphics capabilities are probably going to be better if it is more powerful. :rolleyes:

3. You wont find halo 3 on ps3 so its 360 for me. Also The 360 symbol is green....

4. i'll buy all three.

5. easily nintendo revolution.

xbox 360 is like regular xbox with better graphics and a few added features.

ps3 is gonna be hella expensive but be good. still not my thing.

revolution is gonna be cheap, have free online, 20 years of nintendo back catalogue, and most of all, the most awesome controller ever. nintendo games already rule, and this controller is gonna make FPS's and other stuff so much better.

6. Quite honestly, the Revolution is the ONLY new console that has be interested in the next generation. Nintendo has always been about being in front of the pack, (with a few exceptions). They essentially made the standard for the controllers that all the competitors use. They practically invented home console gaming as we know it. And by the looks of it, they're taking the next step in the gaming experience.

Plus can you fuckin imagine being ripped and playing a FPS like that? That'd be intense!

7. Teh Graphix! Teh Harddrive! Teh BlueRay!
    Does anybody remember when every new console did more than improve the technological specs? If you're about graphics just get a computer exclusively for gaming. I'm buying a revolution and suggest everyone else does as well for more than one reason:

$150-200 launch pricetag. (You can have a revolution and 4 games for the price of an X-box 360)
    Innovative new controller. (video)
    Access to old Nintendo games. (4 of the 5 highest rated games of all time on 1 system)
    A Zelda game, Metroid Prime, and a Mario game.
    Also, Nintendo has said that the controller is only the first of three innovations that they have planned for this generation. I can't wait to hear what else they have in store for us :)

8. i heard theres another secret they havent said about the controller at least.

nintendo rocks..

also, the pricetag will most likely be 99-150. no higher, based on what we know so far.

imagine playing a mario party game or wario ware game with that controller. a mini game where you perform operations on a character can be done with huge accuracy. the dentist game, whoever drills out the cavity first wins.

pilotwings!!!

actually swing link's sword.

when you get a headshot, you actually aimed to the guy's head with the controller. no more scrolling a recticle across the screen.

nintendo knows what they are doing. xbox 360 = xbox with better graphics and a few more features that don't impact games.

ps3 is ps2 with better graphics and blue ray, and besides that we don't know much.

revolution is like nothing else before it.

9. these forums are so biased towards sony and belive the ultimate hype machine, first of all NO future console has fillrate capability for 1080p, 1080p standard has been made now officially by the ATSC, its now the same frame rate AND resolution as 1080i only differnce is the display style ones progressive next is interlaced. It has been stated multiple times EVERYTHING shown on ps3 is fake except for MGS4 which was running on a dev kit probably more powerful then the console itself, the maker of mgs has stated(multiple times i might add in multiple interviews) that what they showed is just as easy to do on the 360, next we are only up to 2x bluray with tech today which is slower then the 360 16x dvd drive when it comes to transfer speeds, 2x is also to slow to stream HD movies off the disk.

10. Haha!
    Looks don't matter but if they did, the revolution would win.

11. you just went on and on about how he bought it because of the looks, and then you said
    "i am getting the ps3 cuz ... and it will dominate microsofts and nintendos systems GRAPHICS WIZE"
    why would you be mad at him for getting a console for the way it looks, when you are getting the system for the way it will make its games look?

oh and btw
    definetly
    im a straight up nintendo fan, i wont even play any different system.

12. you realize that the ps3 is taller then the 360?

thanks for the inaccurate photo though....ps3 is .5 inches taller, they arent aligned even to make it look like the 360 is massive

13. Also, to bonez, the killzone trailer was not real time at all.

It was rendered on a computer at 2 FPS and then sped up. it was their 'prediction' of what they might be able to pull off.

as for how good predictions are, look at the madden CG footage they released saying thats what it would look like for xbox 360, and then it ended up barely looking better than the version on xbox.

not to mention its the same game, regardless of looks.

14. Men who fist other men enjoy zelda, news at 11. I dunno though, I'm getting the 360 b/c of Halo, but I'd definitely consider the Revolution, it looks pretty promising. :)

15. Im getting super nentendo cause im poor and thats what my bro is giving me.

16. No shit!
    That was to show how the three look together.
    The Revolution will be smaller than the one in the pic. Nintendo has said it will be the size of 3 DVD cases stacked together.

17. If I was going to get one, which I'm not. I'd probably go with the revolution cause it looks neato. How on earth can you guys be getting all 3, with all my regular expenses I have no money to buy new games, let alone over $300 for a console. I remember the good ol' days... I miss my snes.

18. im satisfied sitting in my room stoned playing halo (yeah plain halo) on xbox and sometimes switching it up to twisted metal on my ps2 (which i play in the dark blasting acdc..most ridiculous thing ever...everyone should try it)

19. revolution! I'm a huge nintendo fan and the whole archiving system of old games for download thing is so awesome

20. I've been a nintendo fan since age 5. Nothing's changed, and Nintendo has yet to let me down!