Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Which method produces the strongest hash?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by El Jugador, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Hello everyone, I'm new to the 'city and I have a question about making hash. Which method extracts the most THC, or more basically, which method will give you the most potent hash?

QWISO, Cold water hash, Bubble hash, Hash oil, or any other method?

2. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say BHO would be your best bet.

3. I agree with BHO.

4. Well better extraction does not necessarily equal better hash...

BHO yields some of the best quality/high hashes, however it is not very efficient at extraction.

I have often used herb that i had already BHO'd and made butter with it and the butter still came out pretty potent.

5. i have smoked GREAT bubble hash and GREAT bho... i prefer the BHO...some will disagree with this...but i think BHO is superior to bubble hash...

6. can someone explain BHO?

7. #7 Stigma420247, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
    BHO is a hash made from butane...im sure there are instructions on how to make it on google or even on this site somewhere...

basically what u do is get a metal tube...put a silk screen on one end and then get a cork or rubber stopper for the other end and drill a small hole in the middle of it... fill the tube with material u want to turn to hash...then take your butane i always used Colibri brand..it seams to work best... and insert the butane nozzle into that hole u drilled in the cork (make sure the hole is small enough to hold the nozzle) all the butane will wash over the material u have in the metal pipe and filter through the silkscreen into your dish (use a pyrex dish) then u let that sit for a while and scrape it off the pyrex later...

these are very basic instructions...look elsewhere for PROPER instructions :)

and DONT Do it indoors...butane is flamable..

8. i've seen the BHO method on youtube, looks very complicated and potentially dangerous.

Also saw the Bubble bag hash method on youtube- this looks to be very effective, and safer. Tho it takes a while and requires a lot of substrate (clippings, leaves, etc..) to get started. Once you have the bags tho, you can make your own high grade hash forever..

btw- according to a few sources, THC vaporizes at at least 350 F, so the method I described in my thread (kief pouch wrapped in moist paper towel @ 250 degree oven for 10 minutes) would have NO effect on thc preservation.

9. i disagree... i have done both methods many times and i dont think bho is any more complicated than bags...i think its actually EASIER ...there are less steps...all u are really doing is running butane over the material..letting the butane dissolve and then scraping up your hash... oil can be a little messier but i think its worth it :)

10. Ok this is starting to bug me. QWISO and BHO are NOT hash. They are what is known as 'hash oil'. I'm really sick of people calling them hash.

Traditionally, hashish was made by sifting the kief from the plant through increasingly finer screens, then heating it and compressing it. In more recent times cold water and bubble hash (basically the same end product) have become popular and are another way to separate the trichomes from the plant.

Hash oil is an extract of the THC using solvents such as hexane, butane, isopropyl or ethyl alchohol, even CO2. They are not the same thing and comparing them to hash(ish) is like comparing apples to oranges.

That being said, traditional kief hash is probably just slightly less potent (not enough to notice) than bubble or gumby (cold water) hash. Hash oils such as QWISO and BHO are far more concentrated and are in a class by themselves.

End of class for today...

11. hrmmm...not to disagree just for the sake of disagreement but if its called "hash oil" i kinda classify it as a hash...that being said... i think its a moot point... the OP wants to know what is stronger not what the definition of hash is :)

and it looks like most people agree that bho is the best when done correctly...

12. My point was that it's like asking if whiskey is stronger than beer...they are two very different things even though both come from fermentation. Hash oil is hash oil, not hashish, and they two cannot be compared.

13. i hear people try to compare bubble hash to oil all the time...i have argued with tons of people about that very topic...

either way... what the guy wanted to know has been revealed :) no biggie...

14. Yep it's all good. I'm not fond of bubble. It is a tiny bit more potent than traditional hash but it loses a lot of flavor compared to kief hash.

15. not to mention all the work to produce it....bho is a bit pricey but in the end u get a product second to NONE if u do it right :)

16. Budder Is the strongest marijuana extract, and in that sense all hashes/oils can be compared as extracts. There was a guide on here somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budder

17. Yes, it's basically hash oil that's been isomerized into a whipped form. The only reason it's so strong though is that it is made with all top notch bud rather than trim and it's heated to decarboxylate the THC during the isomerization process.

18. What would be the best way to heat kief once you have it compacted? Should it be heated as it is being compacted?

19. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n6WW2gzwJc"]YouTube - How to make hash from trimmings[/ame]

20. Thanks a lot.