Which LotR movie to watch?

Discussion in 'General' started by Justin127, Aug 24, 2012.

1. In the process of getting stoned right now, trying to figure out which one is the best to watch while stoned? Any tips?

2. You could get stoned all day long and watch all three of them?

I would personally watch 2 or 3, enjoy both of them more than one. :smoking:

3. All of them...

4. i liked the last one the most (i forget what it was called).

5. I've seen towers too many times, as well as King. So I'd chose the first one. Only seen it like twice or so.

6. I wish lol, maybe I'll watch 1 today and 2 tomoro and 3 the next day........... Which one does gandalf go from grey to white, that must be a trippy thing to watch

7. Uhh all of them. In order. How could you not?

8. The Ralph Bakshi Animated is pretty awesome

9. All of them, and get the Extended Editions.

10. None of 'em. Read the book, son! The movies changed so many things it doesn't even deserve the same title.

11. fuck yea it is Ralph Bakshi is the shit:cool:

12. lol wait for the hobbit

13. That's the 2nd one. And that one's got the battle for helm's deep, which is the best in the trilogy, in my opinion.

14. agree to disagree...... i read the books... yeah, they changed things, but they adapted it for the screen the best way possible... they cut out the junk

i felt like you the first time i read the book and watched the movies.. after reading it the second time i thought they could not have done better with the adaption to screen

15. No, they adapted it to the screen in the most profitable way possible by making it more appealing to casual movie-goers. Only the generally outline of the story and events is the same; none of the characters in the movie have any depth or development; and they cut out some of the more interesting points in the book (like Tom Bombadil, for example). The only place I feel the movie succeeded was in visually bringing the story to life, aside from that the movie is almost an embarrassment.... though, of course, I am a Tolkien fanboy, as you might have guessed.

16. Fellowship ! Boromir death scene is epic

17. Tom sucks...game over

18. #19 notajew, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
    The 3 movies are marvels of cinema and are considered by most critics to be amazingly successful movies and they were made to be crowd pleasers for a reason. They allow anyone to see the movies without having to dive too deep into the story. They're already ~3 hours in length, you can't expect anyone besides Tolkien fanboy's to want to sit for 5 hours to watch a movie.

There's a reason they're all above 90% on rotten tomatoes and are considered one of the greatest cinematic trilogies of all time. There is plenty of character development, of course there never is as much as in the book because the books are longer and go more in-depth. Character development is the first thing critics look for in movies and they have marveled at LotR.

19. If I had to choose one I'd go with Two Towers. It's the most entertaining of the three.