Which Lives Matter??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cydonia420, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Stop. Put down your protest signs, unload your guns load a bowl and think for a minute. Because we're fighting the wrong damn fight.
    I get there are still ignorant people out there who only see color. That is merely a symptom of the real problem. The real issue is the rich are getting richer, the poor poorer.
    We live in a country where if you are down you stay down. This nation is geared toward the rich and fuck everyone else.. We don't have the funds to fix your schools, streets or homes cuz we need a new football stadium.
    Our country is about nothing but the top 5%. The rest of us are their bitches. Change it to poor lives matter, its a more accurate description of what is REALLY going on as opposed to the bullshit they feed us.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
  2. From the philosophical perspective, none.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ^ Exactly, no life matters. The systems been this way since people started the currency system. The poor just bitch about actually having to work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Isnt it great though? The tax payers pay for the stadiums and they reap all the rewards. Its just another classic scam that the general populace hasnt caught on yet.

6. So many people neglect on a daily basis that if you work a 40 hour per week job even on minimum wage, that's roughly 600- 700 per 2 weeks. I agree with OP, but I think the problem lies most with people thinking just because they have a child that everyone else should pay for their life (taxes, unemployment, welfare). Or that 40 hours a week is too much work for them. It's ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  7. unemployment is taken out of what you earn working can't group that in

• Like Like x 1
  8. Certainly not white lives. Cops kill more white people than black even though black people commit more crimes.
    And there's a huge outrage and movement about police brutality against blacks? It's disgusting.

• Like Like x 4
  9. To me... Mine.

10. #10 spliffington, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    Ignoring the fallacy in your first statement, what would you propose? Should black people not rally against police brutality since "white people get killed by police more"? If white people don't lift a finger to fight against police brutality, no one should?

To answer the question, of course all lives matter regardless of race, gender, religious beliefs, physical capabilities, SES, etc.

But all of those interplay in societies to create hierarchies in which some are getting by better than others regardless of this 5% or 1% or .00089% keeping everyone "down". Are these hierarchies an illusion? Yes, but they're also very real when put into practice.

Everyone banding together to take down the elite sounds great in theory. But until that day comes the best anyone can do is try to be a good person and not hurt anyone else, imo.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Maybe not make their movement's name "black lives matter" if they are against police brutality. Seems weird to exclude all other ethnicities. White people not lifting a finger? What are you talking about? White people do protest police brutality. Black lives matter rallies have plenty of them.

12. Where is the proof or research. No research on what you say. Its Caucasian men who have blown down buildings with 100 of people. Never gunned down during the arrest. I'm just sayin

13. Do understand why it's called BLM or do you just hear the name and automatically assume divisiveness and racism?

14. What you think I don't know. BLM just doesn't stand for balck people.

15. Because there's supposedly more police brutality against blacks and society supposedly discriminates against them? If there's a different reason, please do educate me. You have to admit that the name is divisive and they focus more on black victims.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Using the word supposedly doesn't undermine decades long trends and research. It's easier to believe that BLM is this racist hate group that spontaneously formed out of nowhere than to believe in systemic racism in a country built on it?

The name is divisive in your opinion. I'm of the opinion that the name is an affirmation that black lives matter as much as any other life in this country. It seems counterintuitive to bend over backwards to twist the meaning to play victim to a group of people fighting against what everyone in this country should be fighting against, regardless of what they decided to name themselves.

17. I use supposedly, while you use fallacy without backing it up.

I can see the logic behind your point of view. Guess we'll agree to disagree.

You're talking out of your ass. Never gunned down during arrest? In 2015 twice as many white people were killed by cops than black. And black people do commit more crime, for example they committed over 50% of the murders 1980-2005 while being a minority of the population. Don't know what this blowing up buildings nonsense is.

A couple of links for sources, I trust you can find the info from them:
    5 Statistics You Need To Know About Cops Killing Blacks
    Far More Whites Killed by US Police - The New Observer

• Like Like x 2
  18. Great comment from one of the biased articles you just posted:

"They based their proportion on crimes rates and not general population.

Their is a degree of fallacy in that logic. It ignores the possibility that blacks maybe targeted more aggressively to receive higher crime rates."

Which has been known to be the case in several major cities. You can find actual academic articles and not opinion pieces with a couple of skewed facts on the issue.

19. All these super duper poor people posting on the internet with their computer. Eating food and drinking clean water everyday. Oh damn look at that, shelter too.

Things can always be better, but they were certainly worse before.

• Like Like x 1

20. Black lives matter! Black lives matter!

• Like Like x 2