which light setup do i use?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jumpinjak007, May 11, 2006.

1. im new to this site, so ill start by saying hello to all my fellow growers out there. okay. on my first and only grow, i used only flouresent bulbs. some tubes for vegging and i added a couple of 45 cfl's for flowering. it was a micro grow(due to the fact i lived with my mom at the time), i used an old stereo cab for veg and flowering. it was about 3 ft x 1 ftx x 1 ft, so i know for a fact that they work because even though it was just bag seed, it turned out to be some of the best bud ive ever smoked.but i do have a question for everyone(one that should spark a nice debate). should i use big cfl's and tubes, or hid's. now ive done some research and i have some interesting facts for those of you who dont believe in flouresent bulbs for flowering. so please give me your input on this subject. thanx:D

2. cfl's have there place and i have seen some very nice grow with them but when growing com. you dont see them using cfl's for veg. or flowering. but they make great clone lights not much heat can get plants closer but cfl's are just fine i just happen to like my little hps idahobuds