Which LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Norcaligreen, Aug 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi I'm looking to buy a High quality LED the lights I'm looking at are Advanced Platinum LED P600, Spectrum King 400+, and Kind LED 750. If y'all have any experience and or preference let me know. I'm in the toss up for one of these three they all have great PAR readings. Anything y'all have or know will help thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I use a Kind LED and I really like it. I have no complaints. Veg well and bud well with this LED.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just make your own light the lights you are choosing aren't that great. You can make a better light for less

SAM_1618.JPG
    SAM_1658.JPG

Looking at 3 500w lights and this is watts from the wall.

• Like Like x 2
  4. don't forget black dog

5. first, you'll need a shovel. Just keep digging until you find something that looks like copper

6. what are you going to be using the light for? How many plants? what is your footprint? How much space?

7. Check out amare lighting

• Like Like x 1
  8. I am happy with my AdvancedLED XTE 200's I will add some DIY 590's in the future

• Like Like x 1
  9. Growing medicine, and just 2-4 to start until I order more lights. The space is a 10'by12' room.

10. oh man you got plenty of room. LED provides plants with really good light, but usually an led won't cover much or have a very large footprint so most use many rather than one big one. The problem arises when trying to cool many leds in a room which is why some just use hid with a cool tube. I think today you'll find the main debate between burple vs cob. I went burple after giving cob some thought. I'm seeing that most of these projects have more to do with my personality and what makes me happy and keeps my hobby fun than it does what is that elusive best.
    I use a Black Dog 200 for one plant. I grow two plants so I now have $1000 worth of light in my closet and another $1000 worth of lights stored in the junk room. I should send you one. But, I have all thre light I need or ever want for my two plants and am no longer looking around. Getting here was quite expensive and a lot of funds went to waste. If I was a new grower starting all over I might just start with a 600w mh. They are cheap and proven to grow top shelf weed. It's just I had a big grow room with 1000w mh/hps and I didn't want to go back to hid for a small grow closet. But you with your large room are a prime candidate for a 600w mh/hps which you can buy on amazon or ebay for less than $200. That is perfect for 2 plants and then after you see how the deal goes you can add some led. That way you can experiment with some of the more inexpensive leds and won't have to rely on any one of them for your every light need.
    also, If I was starting all over I would definately go with autos. I'll never go back to photo. But having started with hid and photo at least I have something to compare led and auto to and it is sad to read all the unrealistic claims made by all the vendors of both seeds and lights. Invest in a bag of salt with big grains. You'll need to take one every time you read something.
    good luck, I like your approach to start small and sounds like you have a primo grow area.

11. Please stop posting gibberish. I have lights that will kick the shit out of HPS all day long and about to make some 600w true watts lights as soon as the parts get here.

12. thank you, that is very helpful.

13. Please check my post and threads