Which led for 2 plants ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stealth1, Jul 2, 2013.

1. What led grow light would i need to grow 2 high yeild sativas like c99,headband,trainwreck.
    Also iv seen theres new 5th gen leds with x lenses for sale can anyone reccomend which is the best led now.
    It would be used in a closet grow inside a grow tent which would have a exhaust fan s&p silent 140cfm carbon filter possibly ducted out a air vent.
    Would be a soil grow.probably scrog or lst.
    What do u think of this setup?

2. I usually veg 2 plants with one UFO and then I use 2 UFO s to flower. One on each plant.

3. Look for LED grow lights that use 3-5 watt led`s in them. Anything less then that and your just getting a low powered cheap led grow light and theres a lot of cheap ones out there. The good ones cost more because the led`s are more watts.

4. So which ones would you reccomend in the uk?

5. What wattage led grow light for 2 plants?
    Anyone able to advise a specific one?

6. No idea to be honest I don't live in the UK.  There are a lot of different led grow lights out there now and most of the real cheap ones are crap. As for how many watts of led lights for 2 plants I`m not sure about that either since I don't use them and only know a little about them. One simple way to look at it is the more watts of light the better but that also increases heat generated and led`s do generate heat just not as much as most other grow lights.

7. check out magnum and blackstar companies; great LEDs. - scrogging, LSTing or any other specialized flowering method's really depend on what type of plant you're growing. I've only ever scrogged one strain (diamond OG) becuase it's stems are so flimsy and its genetics are made for scrog. I've LST'd blackberry kuch, purple diesel, GSC, Blue Dream, all to pretty good outcomes. The biggest effect on your yield though is lollypopping( I take out the bottom 30-45% of every plant right before i flip flower. This way I get no popcorn and fatter nugs. also much better for trimming. Lastly, top your girls while theyre small! I wouldnt be worried to much about venting, I run 1000W's not LEDs anymore but ive never had an led heating problem. Truthfully I use a led 180W for cloning and its too cool! as long as you have air in/out 24 circulation you should be good. goodluck!

ooh sativa strains that ive grown and liked the most are bluedream and kiwicough. super top your sativa's for indoor if you dont want them streching into your light aswell.

8. Figured two of those 180w will do for now to start its 230usd for two 180w panels and I already have a 8sq ft tent vegging with cfls

9. Hey- so I've used a lot of LEDS and I can tell you 1 400w 3-6WperLED is going to give you 20-35% better outcome than 2 180W's.

also with the individual led wattage, many people will tell you go 6w per led because its a stronger output but what they dont realize is if youre going from 3w's to 6w's then your losing half your leds so say only 40 lights instead of 80 which does 2 things; possibly cuts down spectrums but more importantly, the individual leds burn out over time. in 1 year you'll normally have 1-3 of the 40-80leds burn out, so if youre running a 6W's per then you're losing a lot more energy over time as you keep using your LED.
    goodluck!

10. I just ordered the California light works solarflare 200w full cycle should be here tomorrow for the price its the best led company on the market now using 5w leds and they researched their spectrum for 5 years before releasing it to the public. Check them out growers house.com has a deal on them if you join their grow crew the 200w reg 399$ down to 370$ and you save an additional 5% on all other purchases when joining grow crew its a sweet deal

Keep calm and grow on
    Kush