which leaves/branchas to snip

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by realcoolguy173, Sep 26, 2011.

1. #1 realcoolguy173, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    how far up from the bottom should the branchas be sniped? if there is a large leave covering new stem growth should it be sniped to allow more light on the stem?

2. [quote name='"realcoolguy173"']how far up from the bottom should the branchas be sniped? if there is a large leave covering new stem growth should it be sniped to allow more light on the stem?[/quote]

I messed up and waited till early flower to do this. Yes that should be done in the veg stage. You should also look into some form of training such as lst, super cropping, or topping and fimming.

I'd rather have my plant focus all it's energy on various bud sties rather then waste it on lame lower branches.

Sterilize some scissors and snip that bitch !

EDIT addressing your question more directly its hard to say without actually seeing your plant. Just use your common sense I'm sure you'll do fine. And don't take off TOO many fan leaves.

3. i have done some super cropping im on day 21 on veg...here is a pic might help you out in helping me...think i should snip the low ones or just tie the big ones out of the way so the little ones can grow better?

4. on a scrog grow i have seen vary good results with triming fans even into the early stages of flower to promote new growth that seems to build fast new growth within the next 12 hour cycle to any tops of buds that you have opened up to the light

5. Personally i try not to trim any fans.

I do however, cut off lower branches that look like they wont produce much. I only do this a max 2 weeks in flower.

If a fan leaf is in the way of a budsite i will just tuck it in.