Which kind of dog should I keep?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by eve55, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Last weekend, a friend brought a rabbit home in the morning, she was happy at the arrivial of the little cute rabbit. However, in the afternoon, the rabbit began to have diarrhea and then dead. So sad. Little pets are so frail.
    I myself never kept a pet before, but I am going to have one in these days. I would choose a dog to stay with me but I don't know which kind of dog is suitable for me. Since I am a tenant, little or middle size dog would be fine. Besides, I love my dog being cute and meek. Could you recommend some?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maltese are pretty awesome chill dogs and are known to be one of the longest domesticated dog out there. I hate little dogs though never had a problem with them.
    They are quiet (from my experience of course) generally collected caring and a great lap / by my side 24/7 dog. Healthy long life span and easy to maintain mentally and physically and energy wise. They are a breed that has been a lap dog for many years unlike just about every other breed out there that had a purpose ( hunting, pulling, guarding etc )
    When buying the dog do research on its past not on what people think you should buy or what other websites say, every dog has a back ground, must know it to have a happy healthy and well suited animal

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Nice idea.

4. It's the simplicity of the fact, people buy let's choose.... a jack russel terrier. Small smart dog energetic great family dog!
    Not really... they where used for farmers to hunt and kill small animals there extremely hardy and on key animal they also of a fuel tank that doesn't run low often. If bored these dogs are known for testing your patients and tearing the house apart and chewing stuff up going through couch etc. Because well that's what they do they hunt and search for rodents and small animals. if that part of there brain is not fed in a constructive matter.. well then they are going to be doing it in a un constructive bored "bad" way that we as humans don't appreciate and get labeled as bad dogs when really the problem could've been solved if they where just used for what they where created for in the first place and then quite often become obese and lazy and get health issues it's disgusting. Not that people can't own the dog that don't use them for there original purpose but you must understand it and feed it in a constructive matter to keep an well balanced healthy and happy dog

5. Considering your nonchalance regarding the death of the first animal, I would recommend you stay away from other animals as pets. Maybe start with fish. Better yet, plants.

6. I fully agree can't care for a fish your no way cut out for anything else

7. Get a snoop dogg...

:GettingStoned:

8. Cats make for the best pets, IMHO...

As for dogs, Labrador retrievers are remarkably mellow pets. Everyone loves them.

9. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Labradors are ok for the right owner but there energetic as well mentally energetic . They become obese and lethargic and become a nice "mellow" dog.. it's not healthy
    But yah a pissy loner cat you can't go wrong there pretty stellar they really can be neglected so to speak if you wish lol emotionally so to speak of course and loving wise

• Like Like x 1