Which is more effective?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TwiztidToker24, Jan 1, 2012.

1. So I was wondering which is a more effective method of lifting for mass. Ill give an example: On mondays I work my biceps, triceps, shoulders, and also squat. I do 3 exercises for biceps and 3 for triceps. Should I do my preacher curls, then barbell curls, then cable curls (not exact order) then move on to triceps? Or should I do preacher curls, then a triceps exercise, then biceps, then triceps? The second method seems more effective to me because it allows the muscle group to rest to lift the maximum amount of weight.

2. what is your program? Lay out your workouts as what you posted just confuses me.

Also i would alternate between bis and tris so they get more rest between exercises and allow you to lift more on the next exercise.

3. Do the workouts both ways. All 3 bicep exercises in a row, then all three tricep exercises in a row (the benefit here is teaching your muscles endurance)

THEN NEXT WORKOUT

a bicep exercise, a tricep exercise, another bicep exercise, etc. (the benefit here is allowing the muscles to rest more between exercises allowing you to maintain intensity)

I like to do every workout differently from the last. The gains are not as obvious, but they keep coming and will be more well rounded this way. Another one of the many ways to exercise differently is to "superset"; one set of bicep exercise #1 followed by one set of tricep exercise #1, (repeat 3X or 4X if you're really hardcore then alternate a second bicep exercise and a second tricep exercise for several sets) There are "giant sets" too.

For sustained mass gain, varying the way you lift each workout works best.