Which is better: PC or Mac

Discussion in 'General' started by thatcrazydude, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Mac's are like sports cars, and PC's are like hondas. Out of the box, Mac's kick ass, they run great, and usualy never have any major problems. A PC has the ability to kick ass if you have the money to dump into it and if you KNOW how to mod shit up.

2. hahaha well i would pretty much just be using the computer for school, games, internet browsing and the such, macs seem to run better, but are more exspensive, and i reallllllly dont want to have to deal with vista, i still dont know....

3. That's a very ignorant statement. I have fixed/repaired/taken apart all of these models and they are all the same components essentially. They all work just as good, you get what you pay for in the long run. Just remember, good engineering ( fan/heatsynk placement ) is a lot of what you pay for when you get a decent laptop.

Remember, before you settle down with a model, browse around on google and other search engines to look for any common problems/hardware failures.

Cosmic, no disrespect, but i have lots of experience in the field.

I've never owned a mac, never needed to.
    I've built my own PC's since age 10 or so.

Well, i will say sony's are pieces of shit, especially VAIO's, a guy i worked for had one, the hard drive went bad not very long after he had it. He told me to fix it for him, and i tried, but after a few attempts i said fuck that shit, they cram all kinds of components in weird angles and shit, i never could get a grasp on that model....it was as desktop though, fyi. Took it in to geeksquad and they only charged a 100$....not bad for no headaches on my part.

DirtyPete wins the thread with that pic though. Perfect summarization. You have to figure out what works for you bro.

4. o no :(

5. now thats some good information right thar