Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

which is best?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bennettt83, Oct 19, 2018.

1. hi im new to toking cannabis, im 35 female, i have adhd, mood problems and anxiety. i have just started smoking a very low thc high cbd sativa. it seems to go ok for me no panic and mild relaxed, a little uplifted. however i am looking for an extremly mild buzz which is similar to a beer or 2.which is the best strain to try? i have had bad trips on weed like im about to die. what i am using currently is under 1% thc and 17%cbd. id like to focus feel happy have energy have motivation relax and not feel paranoid. does anyone emhave a recomendation? thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. I would try smoking less, a few hits for medical purposes (depending on your tolerance) should be enough.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. How about mixing the two? A small one hitter, mix a tiny bit of high thc strain with what you're currently smoking. Hit it really easy one single hit at a time. Wait 5 mins between hits and when you're feeling good but not out of control then you're good.

A vape with a prefilled CBD cartridge could be a really easy fix. Pack a small one hitter with some good quality ganja, hit the CBD vape a couple times, hit your ganja really easy 1 time, give it 5 mins and see how you feel.

Hight THC, low CBD strains stress and sketch me out too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thanks i was thinking of mixing the two, maybe i need a hybrid... lol guess i have some experimenting to do. my doc is helping me with canni med so i guess they will be helpful as well.

5. Find a 2:1 thc:CBD hybrid. Fruity Jack from Philosopher seeds is one strain I have germinating at the moment. My wife struggles with the effect from too much thc so I’m growing this for her

6. #6 bhbest, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Hybrids seem to do me the best. I love indicas but they just affect so much more heavily and usually render me immobile. I have severe general anxiety disorder, OCD, manic depression and some mild bipolar. So for me I really have to tread lightly one hit too many and I'm off on a very bad ride for a few hours which really sucks as you can imagine. Have you ever tried microdosing? For me it doesn't matter which strain one hit and I'm usually good for several hours. To this point in time and has replaced many Pharmaceuticals for me and probably saved my life. It's worked well for years and I very rarely have any bad trips anymore although I'm very very cautious when I'm consuming never to take more than one hit. Try it. Take one nice hit of dank wait 15 minutes not 5 and see how you feel. You'll be very very surprised but of course your mileage may vary and it depends on your tolerance. 5 years running now and my tolerance is almost like the day I started. I'm a late-night after work and responsibilities are done type consumer so the break I take from morning till night clears my system out pretty well so that one hit works wonders. This method really does keep my tolerance down to a minimum of course if a couple hours have passed and I want another hit that's all I do it's wonderful it's like getting high for the first time every single time I consume. It really is the way to go with cannabis and is a godsend as it saves your lungs and on your wallet as a bonus as gram can nearly last me a week if I really really had to stretch it. Too bad so many people jump in the wrong way thinking they need to do 8 giant bong hits to get off, especially the younger generation. Next thing they know three weeks later and they've started doing dabs cuz ther're tolerance is so blown out they can't get high anymore its absolutely ridiculous and not necessary. And now your hearing a lot about this CHS crap which I think is just a problem stemming from people over using/abusing cannabis. Use it as a medicine and wellness product not just something you want to get blasted on. You'll be amazed what one hit of dank does to you and your anxiety and to your overall well-being if used properly no matter what your mental state is or health condition. Sorry I know I was rambling this will definitely be a TLDR for some people here.

Sent from my VS996 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. This isn't a strain recommendation, just more of a general recommendation. When I first started having access to high quality legal weed, I would overdo it sometimes. This led me to paranoia a few times lol I had one strain in particular that I smoked too much too quickly, and the next day I said I'd never smoke that strain again. After a few weeks, I felt like I was just wasting the weed by not using it. So I packed a smaller bowl and took less hits to try to compensate, since it was the highest THC strain that I had in my stash at the time. I had a great enjoyable high by just smoking less of it. That was a while ago, and my tolerance is different now. But back when it was low, this is what helped me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stick to cbd strains till u build up a tolerance. I pretty much started smoking all day long for the same reasons 3 years ago. Harliquin, hurkle, critical mass, charlottes web etc.
    When u bump up your thc intake look for strains that promote focus and microdose with them till u find your dose. I basically only smoked at home during the transition.

9. With having anxiety and worried about being paranoid, you may want to steer clear of the sativas and try indicas instead. I do't have any to recommend that low in thc though, I am generally looking for the higher thc cannabis at the dispensary

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well, seeing as the effect category you're shooting for is something near the equivalent of a lower end beer buzz, I feel one of the warmer, Indica dominant hybrids would be more the way to go than the low THC sativa. A primarily CBD strain may be great for a lot of things, but getting that effect, much less any effect in the head-change department is for the most part out. A couple of strains in the Indica-dominant realm I would personally recommend would be Lavender and God's Gift. Especially if you can get your hands on the purple variety of either. Hope you land on your ideal strain!

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

11. Just get a higher THC strain and experiment with shorter tokes. You can still keep doing the high CBD. Micro dose until you find the sweet spot. I don’t think the type INDICA or SATIVA will matter since you are already doing plenty of CBD. In the end THC is THC regardless of strain.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum