Which is best for seedlings? (light)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bkblaze, May 3, 2016.

1. Hi all I am new to Grass City I have a few seeds (i believe some Afghan Indica's) that just germinated and I have them in a 2X2in seedling trays with a mild organic high perlite mix. My question is I have three lighting options for the seedling stage and would like opinions on which would promote better growth for them. When they are old enough they will be growing outdoors organically in 20-30 gal totes.

Option 1: Indoors under 40w / 2000 lumen / 7500k florescent T12 + ~200-400 lumen led (Wattage and Kelvin unknown but very blue I'm guessing 6000-8000K)

Option 2: Indoors under 32w/ 2500 lumen/ 4100k florescent T12 + ~200-400 lumen led (same as option 1)

Option 3: Outdoors for a couple hours/per day while gradually increasing sunlight exposure over the seedling period. Right now my climate is about 75-85F daytime highs and averaging about 50% humidity. Time spent not under sunshine will be spent inside under Option #1 or #2 indoors.

Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated.

2. Sunlight if you are growing outside later sunlight transition now would be optimal. Less shock later when you take it outside and reunite with sun again. Imo it's harder to get them used to sunlight after being under artificial light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. I absolutely agree Jay R I just wasn't sure if they needed higher humidity than ~50% (could use dome indoors) or if 75-85F was too hot for day-couple day old seedlings.

4. No need to baby them they can take full sun from the start.. Just keep the sun off the pot-container sides as hot roots will screw them up bad..
    Keep them at 16-8 or 17-7 lighting until June 1st
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gotcha. I can place the individual seedling cups in trays with holes that will shade the containers.

• Like Like x 1