Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Which is best for Anxiety

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TMan, May 3, 2010.

1. Hey, is there anyone out there who knows which strain is the best and most impactful to reduce anxiety and/or depression? I'm guessing an indica.

2. personally i find a good sativa to be the best to me... what i use, blue dream for depression and im feelings this jack herer i have right now its really helping with my anxity problems, ill find out tonight with that one though

3. My experience has always been a good white strain (indica dominant) like White Widow or White Russian for anxiety and a good sativa dominant (like sour diesel) for depression.

But that's just my experience. :smoking:

4. Cannabidiol(CBD), not THC, is supposed to have anxioytic properties. Indicas contain a higher ratio of CBD/THC.

:smoke:

5. Honestly its going to depend on the window of harvest too.
    My favorite strain to toke on when feeling a little depressed is my late window Sativa Jacks Cleaner, which is also a good pain reliever, but if I'm feeling a bit anxious and smoke the cleaner, I'll be staring out the windows all night! For anxiety I like my early window Indica Cyber Crystal.
    Do you have any particular strains your looking at?

6. Coming from someone with anxiety, I honestly would stay away from heavy sativas. While Haze is my favorite strain, I really can't smoke it depending on what I'm doing. If I am at all sketched or stressed out I tend to get myself hyped up and it seems to give me an even harder time sleeping. Heavy indicas kind of ruin your day and create an all new problem for me (utter laziness), so I have found a calm hybrid of the two is best.

A single bowl and no more puts me in my prime. If I take a few nice hits I get a small buzz that calms me down just enough, but much more than that kind of fucks it up.

7. I have bouts of generalized anxiety and occasional panic attacks. I also suffer from insomnia. I stay away from Sativa's and stick with Indicas. Some Sativa's will make my heart rate go up, which will sometime trigger a slight panic attack.

8. thanx guys

9. Have anxiety and ptsd as well as chronic depression I like sativas for that. And to help wind down at night a nice indica like a fruity og. My fav all around is lavender though.

10. sour diesel is one of my favorite strains for depression and anxiety. a great morning smoke that seems to pump me up for the day ahead!

strawberry cough did that for me as well, but i have not had that in quite some time now.

edit: headband, and LA headband(basically the same thing) are also very much like sour D but for me even better. this strain can be hard to find sometimes

11. eh, coming from experience, those are not good at all for anxiety. they definitely get me energetic and upbeat, but they don't make you feel less anxious. more, if anything. =/

50/50 hybrids are best. I've tried everything from Haze to Afghan Kush and I've found that a moderate in between is best. Kush will put you on your ass and not caring, but that shit will ruin your day

12. #12 yellow bic, May 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010

man there is really no way of saying this without sounding like a prick so im just gonna say it.

How do you know the strains you are getting are legit?

im fortunate enough (unfortunate really) to be able to have a medical card, and one thing i have loved since becoming legal is the consistency.

because of consistency, i have truly been able to see what strains help me with what, and while everyone reacts differently to strains, i have found what i listed to help me with depression greatly, and anxiety, but definitely the depression aspect more.

again i didnt really know how to post that without sounding like one of those medical card toting assholes. so no hard feelings man :eek:

edit: someone mentioned blue dream earlier, and i have to agree, i got a free 8th of that from a dispensary awhile back and it was some killer smoke!

13. IMO marijuana is not good for anxiety or depression.

14. blueberry kush in my opinion

15. Oh, none taken. There's a lot of misinformation on here when it comes to strain names so I definitely see where you're coming from.

And, not to brag, but I am one hundred percent positive the names are legit on two out of my three high-quality connects. One of them always gets Strawberry Cough, it's always pretty much the same, and I know for certain it is legit. (Although it's some type of cross, "SC pheno x foxtail haze" or some shit, so it might be more sativa dominant, idk).

My other one gets it all from Cali and he is someone I have known for many years through family, so I know he's not just making shit up for me. I also know for a fact it actually comes in from Cali. His shit's always different name stuff and is pretty distinct when it comes to the name. You can usually smell it and understand precisely why it has the name it has. (eg Hawaiian Big Bud smelled like a combination of pineapples and spices)

I've had Sour Diesel a million times and for some odd reason I feel like it doesn't even get me that high, much like a lot of other sativa-dominant strains I've encountered. Does anyone know if people with anxiety have some strange tolerance to sativas? Because I've definitely noticed that they don't affect me as much whereas hybrids and indicas get me utterly stoned off my ass.

but maybe check out my heady thread, I think I prove my legitimacy there. I go through a few other people so I cant vouch for the names they tell me, but I'd say I know my strains fairly well.

i felt so gay typing that ahah

16. nah man dont feel gay hah, after i posted i did check out your thread...you definitely understand consistency lol. those are dank buds for sure. definitely stuff i would find at all my local dispensaries.

i gotta say thats pretty badass having such a good connect and being in MA. you probably got some of the dankest buds in your town ha!

oh and about the sour d, i think that is why i like it so much. it doesnt really get me stoned, but just right, to where im productive, yet have the uplift in mood.

your SC looks alot like the stuff i had gotten a long time ago. just less hairs.

17. have appreciated the effects of a long time tested classic... Cali Orange. It's a 50/50 and I find it's the perfect balance

18. i have a friend who hooks me up with buds sometimes from his caregiver. and his CG grows this strain called charleston kush. anyone heard of it?

he claims it to be about 60/40 indica dom. this guy wholesales to a lot of dispensaries apparently, and they are definitely quality buds, i just was wondering if this is a local strain or if anyone else has had it? its seems to be good for both anxiety and depression. definite night time smoke for me.

19. That sounds like the perfect ratio, if you ask me. Hell, even a little heavier on the Indica depending on your smoking habits. I only really smoke at night so I love a heavier indica. It's a shame I feel like I can never find any other than various different Kush crosses. It's all Sativa

20. I have no idea how I forgot this, but buy a vaporizer. It makes a world of a difference. The effects are much much less intense and far more calming. It still depends a lot on the characteristics of the strain, but packing a vaporizer or two is perfect for me. For some reason I use mid-grade bud in it, I dunno why, but I've found that Beasters seem to help a lot for anxiety. I have no idea what ratio of indica-to-sativa "Beasters" are, but they seem to be a nice hybrid for my condition. They might be indica dominant because I get pretty lazy usually, but they definitely help a lot to tone me down. Additionally, Beasters tend to burn you out a little after which lets me sleep like a baby. I actually find Beasters+vape more effective than my xanax im prescribed to take :confused: