Which HID bulb runs hotter? MH/HPS 250 watt.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Cyrate, Mar 6, 2010.

1. as the tittle states. i am building my cab and will be starting heat testing this weekend. So which bulb should i calibrate to? yes i will double check the other bulb, but i dont want to do alot of switching. accidents happen that way.

i know my brain says that heat comes from the amount of wattage but the MH bulb is alot bigger. so its just best to ask :)

how about it GC? help a nooba out?

Cyrate

2. Good question, I don't know. But I do know that "a lot" is two words and is one of the most common grammar errors that adults make. :eek:

It might have more to do with the brand and quality of the bulb? I know digital ballasts are lower heat, I run 400w and have not noticed any temperature differential issues when switching over bulbs.

3. lol all you picked out was that i didn't space "a lot" heh .

no capitalization on proper pronouns. no capitalization when starting a sentence, sentence fragments, the list goes on..

I tend to type very colloquially online. Especially when talking to a bunch of Potheads :smoke:

4. I switched to flowering a few days ago, and I've observed that the 400w hps doesn't run as hot as the mh.

5. kk thx man. ill set up around my MH. I bought some "door skin" so that i can mess with optimum vent placement. it would of been a real pita to switch bulbs in between adjustments.

thx again

Cyrate