Which Germination Method Is Better?¿?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jochin, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Which Germination Method is better for seeds ?

2. I use the paper towel method and have had 100% germination rate. The only problem is you do not want to mess with the taproot when putting the germinated seed in the soil. I have used other methods like leaving them in a cup of water and waiting for them to sink to the bottom, and putting them straight into the dirt. The paper towel method has worked best for me so that is what I use. You might like another method better if you experiment. It is all a matter of opinion.

3. Popping them straight into soil works. But if you want a little more control than that use some rapid rooters. Little heat always helps.

ColoradoLegaliz:smoking:

4. I put mine directly into rockwool cubes because I don't wanna mess up the tap root and the pop out in like 2days I keep it as close to nature as possible

5. soak in water for a day, then peat pellets is what I do. no failure so far.

6. Everyone is going to have their own method that works best for them. You just have to try some and feel it out.

I prefer the wet paper towel, but just until they start to crack the shell. Then place into your soil 1/4 inch down. Sprinkle with few drops of water 2-3x's per day to keep soil moist (not saturated) and be patient. :)