Which Fan? and some Q's

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Hibonus, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Is there a major difference in function between these 2 fans? I understand one is inline, but will it function just the same as the blower if I'd rather just get the Inline? is there a difference in performance, noise, vibration, etc between these 2 types of fans?

Also, I want to Air-cool 2 400W Cooltubes. How much CFM ( per hood ) is generally needed to do this properly?

I'm curently using a modded stanley blower, but it kind of sucks, i don't think it's doing the job. ( cooling just 1 )

here's the fans i'm talking about.

Dayton blower
    Grow room ventilation - squirrel cage fans, whisper fans - - Dayton Blower: 465 CFM

EcoPlus inline
    Grow room ventilation - squirrel cage fans, whisper fans - - * The original, proven, high performance EcoPlus® fans._br_ * Very powerful

2. I personally have both of those actually. Dayton is quieter by a little, but you have to get the front adapter to hook it up to a 6" flange or 2 4" flanges. Dayton is kinda cool, but if being hooked up to a filter I would say def get the EcoPlus. They both seem be equally powerful.